No love lost: Microsoft tries to block Linux on Windows machines - Linux Veda

Heck, they made a huge monopoly on laptops, now it's really hard to find a machine without OS or Linux preinstalled, and now if they would do that kind of block, it will be even worse:mad::(
for freedom!

Heck, they made a huge monopoly on laptops, now it's really hard to find a machine without OS or Linux preinstalled, and now if they would do that kind of block, it will be even worse:mad::(
for freedom!

System76, I choose you!!..... :D

From reading this article, it seems MS is starting to do the crap they did with IE. Use me or else. Previous jobs I worked and dealing with software developers, they only recommended using IE and not others like Firefox or Chrome. This is to reduce the amount of tech calls since if it works fine in IE, that's all that mattered so security was not an issue.

Remember?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...er-bug-say-hackers-ALREADY-exploiting-it.html

I read somewhere that manufacturers can choose to provide support for booting other OSs if they want to and the system will still be Windows certified. I hope it costs more to have the system closed...

From reading this article, it seems MS is starting to do the crap they did with IE. Use me or else. Previous jobs I worked and dealing with software developers, they only recommended using IE and not others like Firefox or Chrome. This is to reduce the amount of tech calls since if it works fine in IE, that's all that mattered so security was not an issue.

Remember?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...er-bug-say-hackers-ALREADY-exploiting-it.html
Yeah..... Well, IE is apparently being axed, and M$ is coming out with another Webbrowser, codenamed "Project Spartan"..... Eh, I like Halo, but really.....? It seems like they're going to try to appeal to a narrower PC User-base..... :/ That, and I hear that Windows 10 is going to be free to me and others who have 8..... I just hope that the Kernel Devs can get GNU/Linux to work on my ASUS's Hardware fully before upgrade time..... :\ I mean, I'm CURIOUS about 10, being a Geek at Heart, but my Heart's in GNU/Linux and the free BSDs, HaikuOS, etc...... ;)

Yeah..... Well, IE is apparently being axed, and M$ is coming out with another Webbrowser, codenamed "Project Spartan"..... Eh, I like Halo, but really.....? It seems like they're going to try to appeal to a narrower PC User-base..... :/ That, and I hear that Windows 10 is going to be free to me and others who have 8..... I just hope that the Kernel Devs can get GNU/Linux to work on my ASUS's Hardware fully before upgrade time..... :\ I mean, I'm CURIOUS about 10, being a Geek at Heart, but my Heart's in GNU/Linux and the free BSDs, HaikuOS, etc...... ;)
COMMUNITY is where it's at..... :D

Remember?
Also, I can actually understand them wanting to ensure compatibility with Applications, but really, FOSS and it's freedoms, as WELL as Security, come FIRST..... (Then imagine how QUICKLY any incompatibility issues work themselves out.....! : D)

why not make a kind of driver to instand uefi?(like many companies?) it possible to make driver base on x86-64 pc's. and we can use the admin password which the company set to update to this verison driver

win10 is not free,and any kind of company won't be free,or they will be dead.google is not free, because they force us to think in the way they need they force us buy every thing,even it's harmful.in china,the non-paid software even be used to sell yellows! so it important to make us strong and free.let students in university live a well life

Last edited:
Well Hardware and computer companies do the right thing grow some n__ds and stand up to Microshaft and don't allow this. If enough companies stood against this it would fail, united we stand, divided we fail.

Well Hardware and computer companies do the right thing grow some n__ds and stand up to Microshaft and don't allow this. If enough companies stood against this it would fail, united we stand, divided we fail.
we can't make the company do it,but we can make others who know a lot of hardware and person who program for chips.

Last edited:
Yes those companies could change Microshaft's behaviour if they stood together and stood against this uefi lockout, but they won't.

If you want freedom you have to fight for it and stand against things that are wrong, but that takes a combined effort.

Yes those companies could change Microshaft's behaviour if they stood together and stood against this uefi lockout, but they won't.

If you want freedom you have to fight for it and stand against things that are wrong, but that takes a combined effort.
Yes..... I concur..... :)

People seem to like windows 10 versus previous versions, this could shrink the market as people stop looking for something else that works.

Well they may like it, but they won't like the snooping once they realise. Or that their machine is used to share bandwidth in downloading updates. Yep think I'll pass;)

Members online