No Mount on Boot and Password for Mount

JoltBolt

Reaction score
Credits
Say that three times fast ...

As the title suggests, I want to avoid my Windows partition from being mounted when I boot into Linux. It normally auto-mounts in /run/media/<username>/<####>. First of all, I don't understand what to use for the fstab's mountpoint when using the 'noauto' argument. Isn't the point to have it not mounted anywhere in the first place? In an attempt I added this to the fstab file and this seems to work fine for the first part of my Linux wishes. Open for suggestions:

Code:
# Windows Partition: sda4
UUID=<ID> /run/media/<username>/<####> ntfs noauto,nouser 0 0

However, once log in and open a Nautilus window, I can click on the Windows partition and it auto-mounts without asking for a password. I would like to be the only user to access that partition by means of entering my password. To do so I played around with chown and chmod but even when the owner is set to root:root and the permission mode to - - - - - - - - -, it still allows me to mount the partition with just one lousy click ... of the left button ... on my mouse.

Preferably this all gets done within the fstab. If not, what would be a clean way of getting there?

Members online