No sound

Good morning! This is the third reply I've typed out this morning, hopefully I'll get this sent before I manage to erase it somehow. First, thank you for your fantastic patience. Yes, we always learn something when we fail and I'm reminded of my arithmetic that I always hated double checking.

I searched the garage but alas, no more cables. My daughter manages a Dollar General and she has some auxiliary cables in her store that should work. She'll be bringing those by after work. In the meantime, I found some headphones, plugged them in - and we have sound!!!

Now I'm going to take a break and cut off all my beautiful fingernails so I can type once again (haven't used a keyboard in years, having to do the one finger hung-and-peck).

You, sir, are a prince! Thank you once again for all your help and patience. :D ;)

In the meantime, I found some headphones, plugged them in - and we have sound!!!
Ah, that's like music to my ears! :cool::D

And hopefully the cable your daughter brings will be the right one to get the full system working and making some noise for you. I think that Mint usually has "No sounds" set as default, so you don't hear startup/shutdown sounds, error sounds, etc. But you can enable those if you wish.

Not sure if I'll be on much today... weather looks dry and about 50 degrees, and I'm going to try to mow the grass/leaves today before winter really sets in. And Sunday night is usually a night out with friends. If you have any more questions or problems on the sound issue, just let us know. Someone else may answer before me this time.

Looking forward to your next adventure! :D

This is the third reply I've typed out this morning, hopefully I'll get this sent before I manage to erase it somehow.
If the forum logs you out (times out after 15 minutes), or if you log out yourself, or if you change screens on the forum... the forum software remembers what you have typed in a reply before hitting the "Post reply" button. So you should be able to come back to the same thread and pick up where you left off, then Post the reply. This is very convenient when you start and stop a lot, like I do.

Cheers

If the forum logs you out (times out after 15 minutes), or if you log out yourself, or if you change screens on the forum... the forum software remembers what you have typed in a reply before hitting the "Post reply" button. So you should be able to come back to the same thread and pick up where you left off, then Post the reply. This is very convenient when you start and stop a lot, like I do.

Cheers
Well, I accidentally turned the whole thing off while trying to deal with the sound cable, not once, but twice! But it's good to know for future reference.

As well as the auto-save feature Stan describes, there is also an icon on your reply pane toolbar, 2nd from right looks like a 3.5" microdisk. Mouse over smart tip says "Drafts". Click and drop down, save draft.

Cheers

Wiz

Members online