Noob trying to run before he can walk - Fedora 32-bit compatibility environment?

AlexOceanic

Reaction score
Credits
Hi All

I'm trying to install Phoenix Firestorm (Second Life Viewer) on Fedora 36 with the Pantheon DE but the install (although completing without apparent errors that I saw) won't fire up when clicking the launch icon in Applications and just does nothing.

After actually reading the install instructions it seems its a Beta package that needs to be run in a 32-bit compatibility environment.

Does anyone know if Fedora has a 32-bit environment I can use and some pointers on how I might do this please?

Phoenix_Firestorm-Releasex64_x86_64_6.5.3.65658.tar.xz

(bit weird as file name indicates this is for a 64-bit machine I thought but maybe I'm wrong...)

UPDATE

Not sure what changed (I updated a load of mpeg packages etc earlier today and manually unzipped the Firestorm package the containing folder) but it just fired up fine when I started it this time so all is well.

Leaving thread here in case another noob has similar issues and wants to try updating their codecs before reporting an issue.

Many thanks

Alex

Last edited:

Staff online