NVME disk problem linux version question.

I had to hard shut that down, it was just trying to clear itself or something.
The errors in the log should be more telling.

I downloaded an old gparted (gnome live cd ) .iso and it didn't even boot. Maybe it is not UEFI.
UEFI started with Windows 8:-

At this point I'm not sure if the RAM is bad or there is something wrong with the HDD.

Maybe S.M.A.R.T. is the best tool to check the health of the drive now.

I honestly don't know. Maybe along with SMART there's an SSD firmware issue - but there's now way to verify that.

As I read the thread, I went though my mental checklist. It looks like hardware. It smells like hardware. But they have issues booting and loading a live instance. Not only do they have issues doing so, they have photographic evidence of them doing so.

Maybe someone will pick up on what I'm missing? You've put a ton of time into it, thanks!

I honestly don't know. Maybe along with SMART there's an SSD firmware issue - but there's now way to verify that.

As I read the thread, I went though my mental checklist. It looks like hardware. It smells like hardware. But they have issues booting and loading a live instance. Not only do they have issues doing so, they have photographic evidence of them doing so.

Maybe someone will pick up on what I'm missing? You've put a ton of time into it, thanks!
You're Welcome.

I gave it my best go-:)

I'm thinking it can't hurt to run Memtest overnight to see if the RAM is bad one and two running smartmantools may give some clues. Just thinking outloud.

I'm thinking it can't hurt to run Memtest overnight to see if the RAM is bad one and two running smartmantools may give some clues.

Indeed.

Memtest86 is on the 2016 boot disk, running this is nothing. I just don't think that is the problem.

So you just do that smart test......like when I open that page https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SynapticHowto I have any idea what to do, like I crossed into another universe again.
Iso I can download and boot.
I know I can't install something I don't have on the disk I booted to.
"sudo apt-get install synaptic"

I'm gonna say start with 'memtest64' and it is built in with most distros. Or at least with many...

I am going to hit the sack soon, but Google should be able to tell you how to run memtest.

I'm gonna say start with 'memtest64' and it is built in with most distros. Or at least with many...

I am going to hit the sack soon, but Google should be able to tell you how to run memtest.
As I said it is part of the bootdisk.
I have just deleted the partition on it, now it looks like this, tomoroow I will try to see if anything will detect it like this.
PS: Dell BIOS has a disk check, memory check and I used them before.

Attachments

• 20210331_162131.jpg
    20210331_162131.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 212
  • 20210331_202224.jpg
    20210331_202224.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 242

Staff online

Members online