Older Android tablets

Davie

Reaction score
Credits
I've been searching for tablet info. I have a 2016 Samsung TabE (at&t) that I want to bring back to life. I think after AT&T killed 3G over here in the US, it also killed the tablet. I cannot get it to see my wifi anymore.

I have found so much stuff, but nothing to tell me which disto to look at and how to wipe/install.. I know there are many tablets and the Android Tablets may not be useful. But that seems weird.

ps: I played with linux (PC) about 15 years ago with my really old Sony laptop and am not afraid.

Thanks Davie

I've been searching for tablet info. I have a 2016 Samsung TabE (at&t) that I want to bring back to life. I think after AT&T killed 3G over here in the US, it also killed the tablet. I cannot get it to see my wifi anymore.

It wasn't just AT&T it was all carriers. But the local wifi in your house should work, even if the cell service doesn't.

Yeah my old 3g tablet works with my ATT wifi internet although kinda limited since the browser can't be updated anymore.

Wound up buying another cheap Android tablet since they seem to become disposable every couple three years.

I do not know about Samsung Tablet differences, but found this on one, anyway

@Bartman -- Wound up buying another cheap Android tablet since they seem to become disposable every couple three years.
-- and I've noted a few car models that are made in the same manner

OP -- think I'd hold the ubuntu and go with the antiX (a non-systemd Debian distro) on a tab -- how much RAM?

Last edited:
It wasn't just AT&T it was all carriers. But the local wifi in your house should work, even if the cell service doesn't.
Yeah my old 3g tablet works with my ATT wifi internet although kinda limited since the browser can't be updated anymore.

Wound up buying another cheap Android tablet since they seem to become disposable every couple three years.

My son gave it to me and We wiped his info did a factory reset and it worked fine with my wifi. Put it down for about a week and then the tablet Wifi just won't turn on and see any networks. It's like it just bricked itself.

I also got a Samsung note and it seems to connect for now. But the tabE won't turn on it's wifi. I found many postings elsewhere stating that the WIFI on the older Samsung TabE is stuck in the off position.

I do not know about Samsung Tablet differences, but found this on one, anyway

@Bartman -- Wound up buying another cheap Android tablet since they seem to become disposable every couple three years.
-- and I've noted a few car models that are made in the same manner

OP -- think I'd hold the ubuntu and go with the antiX (a non-systemd Debian distro) on a tab -- how much RAM?
Thanks, I think it is 16Gb. but info is limited.

I did and IMEI check and got this.
Model Info: MOBILE SM-T377A BLACK ATT
Search Term: 353608074528384
IMEI 1: 353608074528384
Serial Number: R52HA110ZQA
Model Desc: Samsung SM-T377A
Model Name: SM-T377A
Model Number: SM-T377AZKAATT
Warranty Status: Out of Warranty
Estimated Warranty End Date: 15-10-2018
Production location: Korea SEC
Production Date: 15-10-2016
Carrier: AT&T
GSMA Blacklist Status: Clean

IMEICheck.com

ifixit.com --

in the Wifi settings under "advanced" I unchecked "always allow scanning" and I do not have the WiFi connection problem anymore!
daylasmommy

POSTED: FEB 1, 2016
But that doesn't help if it will not even turn on!

I had a Hitachi hdd do this to me --- was running windows well but when I wiped it with zeroes, hard drive would not function. It was like the hard drive automatically went to "end of life" and quit. Maybe Samsung is doing a similar thing. Can't help you, there.

Last edited:

Members online