Oops! We ran into some problems.

Tolkem

Credits
Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a nice life! :)

I've noticed that in Firefox(latest and previous versions as well), this Oops! We ran into some problems message appears from time to time, I've never(at least not that I remember)had the same problem with Chromium, so I wonder whether it is a Firefox issue or a Forum issue. Has anyone else had the same problem?

ksnip_20210718-113824.png

ksnip_20210718-113813.png

ksnip_20210718-113807.png

craigevil

Credits
I was having the same issue.
I had fission enabled in about:config
Disabling it seems to have fixed the problem.

stan

Credits
I wonder whether it is a Firefox issue or a Forum issue. Has anyone else had the same problem?
I don't know if Firefox could "cause" this to happen, but it is a Forum error that you see. For example, you can generate the error by trying to send a private message and not including a Title to the message, or by trying to send a PM to a user who has messaging disabled (like me). These are repeatable.

Condobloke

Credits
^^^....what @stan said

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
I also see that sometimes when there's seemingly a database glitch. It's rare, but happens. It also tends to happen in spurts - meaning you'll get more errors in a short amount of time. It's especially frustrating when the glitches happen during the approval phase and I have to approve a comment more than once.

Tolkem

Credits
I was having the same issue.
I had fission enabled in about:config
Disabling it seems to have fixed the problem.
What fission setting exactly? I see a bunch of those lol
fission.PNG

I don't know if Firefox could "cause" this to happen, but it is a Forum error that you see. For example, you can generate the error by trying to send a private message and not including a Title to the message, or by trying to send a PM to a user who has messaging disabled (like me). These are repeatable.
I don't know either, but it's happened a few times. I know of those kinds of errors when not including a title and the likes, but this is different; I was replying to a thread. Furthermore, I'd seen it before and thought it might be some server error, and didn't give it too much thought, but this time I tried in Chromium, and the error didn't appear, close Chromium, launched Firefox, the error happened again.

oops.PNG

I haven't tried again. Right now I'm in Chromium.

stan

Credits
but this time I tried in Chromium, and the error didn't appear, close Chromium, launched Firefox, the error happened again.
I use Firefox almost exclusively, and I haven't run into that problem that I can recall. I will be happy to go to the same thread and try to post a reply, if you'd like me to test it.

Or, if it's THIS thread, I guess I pass the test. I get no errors here. ;)

craigevil

Credits
Doesn't matter which thread. Whether posting a new thread or trying to reply the error pops up.
The only things I have seen that might be causing it are having
fission.autostart enabled or using the Dark Reader extension.

Tolkem

Credits
The only things I have seen that might be causing it are having
fission.autostart enabled or using the Dark Reader extension.
fission.autostart is disabled, and dark reader extension is not installed.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Members online

Latest posts