OpenRazer drivers

TheProf

Reaction score
Credits
Hello! Me again :)

Has anyone used the OpenRazer drivers by any chance? I have a Razer naga mouse and an Orbweaver and I was wondering if it is something worth installing? Usually in windows you'd install razer software to have the ability to customize your key mappings, drivers, lighting, etc... But in Linux, the mouse and the keypad are working well, just that I dont have the option of remapping keys unless I do some tweaking in-games.

Just curious about peoples experience with OpenRazer drivers.

Cheers!

I have a "Razer Mamba Wireless" mouse, I use to use the following two to change the colors of my mouse:
I don't use it anymore because I don't really care about the colors on my mouse anymore, have the coloring turned off currently. You can use lsusb while your mouse is plugged in to see if it's listed as supported. It will show up something like this.
Code:
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1532:0072 Razer USA, Ltd Mamba 2018 (Wireless)
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1532:0073 Razer USA, Ltd Mamba 2018 (Wired)
Then use this: 1532:0072 from your output to see if it's listed as supported.

Last edited:
Looks like your links is the same project, mine is just the github page.

Yep, I personally don’t care much about the RGBs, was thinking more about the drivers, is it worth deploying or just stick with the drivers that are there by default. I think for the sake of keeping the install somewhat light, no point in deploying these.

Yep, I personally don’t care much about the RGBs.
RGB makes boosts the speed of your hardware! ;) I don't currently have it installed, if you like I can install it to see if I notice a difference.

I just installed the drivers.
Code:
local/openrazer-daemon 3.0.1-1
local/openrazer-driver-dkms 3.0.1-1
local/openrazer-meta 3.0.1-1
local/python-openrazer 3.0.1-1
Will keep them installed and see if I notice a difference in the next few days.

RGB makes boosts the speed of your hardware! ;) I don't currently have it installed, if you like I can install it to see if I notice a difference.

Of course, you get more frames per second!! :)

No need to install it, I appreciate it though! I will probably not need it anyways, I don’t want to waste your time either!

I just installed the drivers.
Code:
local/openrazer-daemon 3.0.1-1
local/openrazer-driver-dkms 3.0.1-1
local/openrazer-meta 3.0.1-1
local/python-openrazer 3.0.1-1
Will keep them installed and see if I notice a difference in the next few days.

I guess I was a little late to reply :)

It's no problem, I use my mouse every day so it's not any extra work, this is the Razor Mamba mouse which I have.

Last edited:
Just to let you know my "Razer Mamba" mouse does seem to react a bit smoother with the openrazor packages installed.

I recently bought a new razer mouse and a mousepad since I read somewhere that with an optical mouse it's best to use a cloth mousepad.
Code:
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1532:0084 Razer USA, Ltd RZ01-0321 Gaming Mouse [DeathAdder V2]
Using a mousepad has really improved my razer mouse experience since I was having problems that my mouse would hang sometimes but this article explains it.
Most surfaces on which you use your mouse are not perfectly smooth. A mousepad, for example, has an interlaced cloth texture to it. It’s not very noticeable to your human eyes, but examine it through a magnifying glass and you’ll see it more clearly.
Other surfaces on which you use your mouse, like your table or desktop, also have a unique texture. They might even have small scratches or accumulation of dust.
Lastly, take into account the surface that you’ll be using your mouse on. If you’re buying an optical mouse, get a cloth mousepad.
If you’re buying a laser mouse, get either a hard, plastic mouse pad, or a very thin cloth mousepad (about 1.5 mm thick).
Razer Gigantus V2
Razer DeathAdder V2

Members online