Panasonic smart Tv based on os Linux

CLASEB

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everybody, i'm from Italy. I just bought a new led smart tv Panasonic TX-50JX610 with Linux os and some pre installed app. I' wolud install other app. as Kodi or Dns change, but i m' not able to connect a pc to the tv by Putty connection. Is there anybody that may help me?

Last edited:

Just because it's Linux doesn't mean SSH (or another protocol, like Telnet) is installed and activated. These are proprietary devices and the OEM would likely ensure none of those were working because they don't want you changing the system. This kinda makes sense for support reasons.

If it is indeed running Linux, you can ask for the source (they're distributing it when they sell the televisions) and work from there, but that's tedious and beyond my skill level.

You could try their support. You never know, they might just be down with the idea and tell you how to connect.

Before I sent this, I did do some preliminary searching to see if there's a solution out there already. I was unable to find anything - though some folks seem to think you can possibly connect but you'll need to brute force the credentials. You can look into that, but I don't think too many folks (our regulars) are regularly hacking their TV.

Nice. I didn't look to see if it could be done with Android. I take it that the TV is actually running Android?

Also, I know almost nothing about Android, but I do know that you can install ADB on Linux. That might get you started:

Just because it's Linux doesn't mean SSH (or another protocol, like Telnet) is installed and activated. These are proprietary devices and the OEM would likely ensure none of those were working because they don't want you changing the system. This kinda makes sense for support reasons.

If it is indeed running Linux, you can ask for the source (they're distributing it when they sell the televisions) and work from there, but that's tedious and beyond my skill level.

You could try their support. You never know, they might just be down with the idea and tell you how to connect.

Before I sent this, I did do some preliminary searching to see if there's a solution out there already. I was unable to find anything - though some folks seem to think you can possibly connect but you'll need to brute force the credentials. You can look into that, but I don't think too many folks (our regulars) are regularly hacking their TV.

Thank you for the answer. So you say that SSh is not activated on the Linux systerm? Maybe, trying by my phone the connection was rejected...but i would try by pc. I could ask the way to technical service but they won't say me anything that is in the manual.
Thank you a lot for asking about to the others members. Nextly i'll try and i will notice you about.

I have a JVC [branded] smart TV, it too has a very cut down version of embedded Android, there is not much you can do apart from adding a few approved apps from the manufacture's ap store, external decoders [firestick. kody stick and the like] usually work and thats about it

So you say that SSh is not activated on the Linux systerm?

I say that it is *probably* not enabled. I don't have one to personally check. In my experience, which is limited to a few attempts to hack at a smart TV and a satellite TV box (among other non-TV stuff), the OEM only wants you using stuff from their choices.

They don't want you hacking (not in the criminal sense) their operating system and mucking about in there. That kinda makes good sense? From a support perspective, they want everything to be the same - to meet a standard that they've established. They don't want to have to support the system when someone hacks it and breaks things because they don't have enough information to not break things.

This also looks like it's running Android. Android is technically a Linux-based operating system - but it's bastardized and very limited in scope. It uses its own kernel settings, and isn't really "Linux" like you'd see in a desktop environment.

I have a JVC [branded] smart TV, it too has a very cut down version of embedded Android, there is not much you can do apart from adding a few approved apps from the manufacture's ap store, external decoders [firestick. kody stick and the like] usually work and thats about it
I see,, that's very sad. Luckly i have a Mecool Km6 Android Tv box, and so i solved up this problem. But i will go further and try up to hack the tv by Putty, also if i have very little probabilities to get it-

I say that it is *probably* not enabled. I don't have one to personally check. In my experience, which is limited to a few attempts to hack at a smart TV and a satellite TV box (among other non-TV stuff), the OEM only wants you using stuff from their choices.

They don't want you hacking (not in the criminal sense) their operating system and mucking about in there. That kinda makes good sense? From a support perspective, they want everything to be the same - to meet a standard that they've established. They don't want to have to support the system when someone hacks it and breaks things because they don't have enough information to not break things.

This also looks like it's running Android. Android is technically a Linux-based operating system - but it's bastardized and very limited in scope. It uses its own kernel settings, and isn't really "Linux" like you'd see in a desktop environment.

I see, i only connected once with a dreambox, by SSh channel, and some time ago it worked. But the dreambox is different by the tv i think.

You could try, Zenmap. It'll show you what ports are open. If you don't have it, check your repo's. It comes in two flavors, graphic interface and command line. I'm LAZY, I use the graphic interface, it's way easier to figure out than command line.

Gotta get back to work. <8^)

Hi evrybody, i have token the ports of the tv with an app by my mobile with the same wifi. here as follow the screenshot. Thanks before to all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221005-215753.jpeg
    Screenshot_20221005-215753.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Just a little off topic...Panasonic doesn't export TVs to Australia anymore...what a shame as they are good TVs.
m1510.gif

Members online