Parrot os help. Stuck in grub

overlaryan

Reaction score
Credits
I am attempting to load parrot os off a usb that I created using Rufus. No matter what I do or try it does nothing but Send me to gnu Grub version 2.04-2parrot1. how can I fix this and find and load the parrot os kernel and actually Be able to use parrot. at this point idk if parrot is even worth the trouble

This post has been withdrawn, sorry for my error, I confused 2 different post I was answering and posted in the wrong forum,
Please see post#5

Last edited:
I'm confused. Is Parrot now Pop?
sorry all posted on the wrong topic.... will copy over to the right one then come back. on parrot

@overlaryan
sorry, now your Parrot, it sounds like a corrupt download or burn of the ISO,
Rufus can and does have some problems, first I suggest you TRY again using Balenine Etcher to burn your pen-drive, also use a new good quality branded pen-drive formatted Fats or Xfats, do remember to check the SHA sum after burning the ISO,
if you are still having problems, then tell us how you are trying to install [direct to hard-drive, direct to hard-drive in a multi boot, to a Live pen-drive or a VM] and details of your box

Firstly, Parrot is compiled by System 76 for their own built business machines, although based on Ubuntu It is not a full Ubuntu general distribution, many of the codecs and drivers are not included, and with the additional "Pop" coding can make it difficult to install on other equipment, many of the usual Debian/Ubuntu fixes we use do not work on Pop, If it installs and runs "OTB" great if not it is a Pain in the rear.
When in grub it keeps giving me an error to load kernel first but i have no clue where to find it. is there any grub command line ref guides anyone can recommend?

I’ve tried google and youtube for inf but there just isn’t much to go off. I am looking to ins on the hard drive.

@overlaryan
the post you quoted I withdrew lower down the page, [i was working on an answer for someone else and mixed them up] you should have read post #5, We know there have been problems with Rufus and some distributions,
Parrot does have its own forums, BUT like the other pen-testing distributions, you are expected to be proficient with Linux before you join.

Last edited:
@overlaryan
the post you quoted I withdrew lower down the page, [i was working on an answer for someone else and mixed them up] you should have read post #5, We know there have been problems with Rufus and some distributions,
Parrot does have its own forums, BUT like the other pen-testing distributions, you are expected to be proficient with Linux before you join.
Well I finally figure it out. now my next question is… is there a way to change storage location for parrot

I have Been using fx for awhile so running parrot is a wee bit different, I’m swapping between kali and parrot to see which tickles my fancy more.

I’m swapping between kali and parrot to see which tickles my fancy more.
The main difference is that Parrot is a full desktop distribution usable as a daily drive, and so will be able to run almost any app that you can run on most distributions, try doing this on Kali and you are liable to break it

is there a way to change storage location for parrot
Not with you! If you mean move your Parrot installation partition to another area of your drive, I will leave it for another member [I have never been good at partitioning]

Members online