Parrot OS

mrcrossroads

Reaction score
Credits
Does anyone use Parrot OS for their pen testing distro? Not quite as loaded as Kali, but has most anything you would need.

I use it as my main desktop distro

I haven't tried parrot yet. But there was a copy of it on the coverdisc for a recent edition of Linux User and Developer. So I might boot from DVD and take a look at it at some point.

But I always have a copy of Kali knocking about on a USB drive somewhere. I don't have much call to use it, but it has come in handy a few times!

just because its main purpose is pen testing doesn't mean it won't do everything else Linux can do... when it comes down to it ... any and every distro is just a starting point for the creation of the work environment you want with your computer.

I haven't tried parrot yet. But there was a copy of it on the coverdisc for a recent edition of Linux User and Developer. So I might boot from DVD and take a look at it at some point.

But I always have a copy of Kali knocking about on a USB drive somewhere. I don't have much call to use it, but it has come in handy a few times!
I have a copy of Kali on an HP Mini around here some place(i think its in the bedroom somewhere(hasn't been charged in about 8 months))... it use to come in handy but I haven't really even wanted to use it in months...
But I can say the hp mini's and Kali and/or Parrot are good for mobile pen testing and wifi trouble shooting... iwlist is your friend :)

well im running kali as a livedisk (like actually using it as a livedisk, i keep a spare of mint around too but thats in case something goes wrong with what i have installed) id have to do some research, i prefer debian based systems. I think something that would get me away from relying on debian though is if google would write chrome as an AppImage executable instead :p

Members online

Latest posts