Partition Disks

aaryan

Reaction score
Credits
I am installing kali linux on my laptop but installing kali linux on my laptop it took more than 1 day to do partition disks but partition disks were also not successful please help me.

I am installing kali linux on my laptop but installing kali linux on my laptop it took more than 1 day to do partition disks but partition disks were also not successful please help me.
Is the disk 'too full'?
A disk which is too full and has little roon to work will struggle mightily.

Are you dual booting? If so then space may be an issue as Vrai has noted, as Windows tends to take all the space it can on its install.

Did you use the Kali installer to partition your disk(s)? If not what were you using?

Have you tried Kali live via a usb ?I've got it and works a treat that way.you could get that up and running first and see if it's for you. I have already uploaded the mini book in one of my posts maybe read along with playing with Kali live? Can you elaborate on output you got ,what happened etc to give us some clues about install fail

Last edited:
I am moving this to our Kali Linux section, and all will be notified of the move.

@aaryan welcome to linux.org :) , but seriously, if you cannot install Kali Linux, then you are WAAAYY not ready to use it.

You need experience on another Distro or 3 for 6 to 12 months minimum.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

I agree with captain-sensible above. Live booting from removable media is probably going to be much easier for you.

Also, have you tried installing any other operating systems on there? It might be worth making sure it's not a hardware issue.

Members online