Partition size and filesystem size difference

Tsyvatsok

Reaction score
Credits
Hey everyone. I have a particular problem, not sure that you can help me, but I'll try anyway:
So I've got myself a new SSD and migrated my Arch Linux and Windows on it, obviously I wanted to free some space on my HDD. So I've deleted every partition that I could from Windows and extended my data drive to include them, but I've noticed that I couldn't delete EFI partitions as well as Windows recovery partition (I didn't need them since I boot from SSD). So as a "genius" I am, I've deleted those partitions from Arch (but I didn't resize or did anything else to FS). Of course after that I wasn't been able to use my HDD on the Windows as it is displayed as "invalid". And when I mount the only remaining partition on HDD for some reason it displays files only from my previous Windows C: drive, not my data drive as expected. Are there any tools or actions I can take to fix it? Since the only thing I've done is deleting partitions without reformatting and such. Someone told me that I can recover my data if I manage to restore partitions in the same order, sizes and types than before, but I'm not sure that this will work. Thank you for reading.

Members online

No members online now.