Partitioning A USB Thumb Drive with Parted Solved

Bob let their tyres down.....

That screenshot does not blow up, Bob.

Wiz

Yes I know because beginners might think you have to restore every file in the Folder but when you click and open the Folder when restoring the Image you see only one line...you select that.
m1213.gif

For those who are not scared...here it is...
2023-03-14-14-16.png

I named the Folder...Redo Backup Cinnamon 21.1 and the date as I also have a Foxclone Image Folder on the Drive...you can't restore a Redo Image with Foxclone or the other way around either.
m1217.gif

@bob466 -
I partitioned the new Kingston thumb drive /dev/sdd/ so I can run Foxclone and clone my Slackware install.

Do I need to make that partition bootable?
Kingston Drive.png

Proceeding with Foxclone and cloning the Slackware install.

I was thinking that I can always open G-parted and make that partition bootable if needed at some other point.

Maybe take an image with RescueZilla ?

Just to be sure to be sure ?

Maybe take an image with RescueZilla ?

Just to be sure to be sure ?
Haven't any experience with RescueZilla:-

I couldn't clone the src drive. Foxclone complained that the src drive's partition would have to resized in order to be cloned to the Kingston drive with the 35 GB partition I created.

IF I resize my Slackware partition that could result in booting issue's and I don't want to spend the weekend performing a fresh installation of Slackware.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

have a read.

You make a bootable usb stick with it...very similar to starting out to install a distro.

It is seriously simple to use

Just be sure you have the correct source and destination in place

I am assuming it will work with slackware

if it wont....ask Mike Walsh...he is a walking, talking, breathing bible on the topic of slackware......and is always ready to spread the knowledge

@bob466 -
I partitioned the new Kingston thumb drive /dev/sdd/ so I can run Foxclone and clone my Slackware install.

Do I need to make that partition bootable?
View attachment 15354

I don't know what you mean...no need to format or partition anything...I plug in Flash Drive...use etcher to burn Foxclone ISO to it then plug in an external HDD/SSD...create a folder and name it...Boot to Foxclone and go from there...same goes for Redo Rescue.
m1213.gif

Members online

Latest posts