Password

newtolinux

Reaction score
Credits
How do I remove the password in Mint? I actually forgot my password and can't get in to anything that requires a password. I'm trying to reformat a flash drive and it's password protected. How do I remove the password? Help!!! LOL

Is there not a way to reset the password in the GUI instead of using the command line? I'm all new to Linux and don't want to screw anything up.

Suggest reformat and start over, writing down the passwds! It may take less time! Up to you, OP.

Using Terminal (command line) to do this will be good experience.

You wont really screw up.....if you dont enter the correct command etc etc it simply will not work.

Where possible, copy and paste the 'command"

Another app top look at (in your spare time) will be Timeshift

It is included in the software manager on Mint
....it may already be installed on yours......It works in similar manner to windows system restore. It works miracles when it comes to restoring something you have screwed up !!

Glad Im not the only one so excited to get going on linux, to immediately forget the password! I did manage to change it through one of the above suggestions, but ultimately i have reformatted. Being a serial fiddler, i think I'l be doing this more than once.. Too much to learn.. Good luck!

Members online

Latest posts