PayPal Phishing Scam Uses Invoices Sent Via PayPal

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits

The reader who shared this phishing email said he logged into his PayPal account and could find no signs of the invoice in question. A call to the toll-free number listed in the invoice was received by a man who answered the phone as generic “customer service,” instead of trying to spoof PayPal or Walmart. Very quickly into the conversation he suggested visiting a site called globalquicksupport[.]com to download a remote administration tool. It was clear then where the rest of this call was going.

READ ON

On another forum, there's another such scam going around where they actually *do* use PayPal's infrastructure. Basically, they use the 'send invoice' as a tool to make you think you owe money. When you login to the real PayPal, the invoice is there and looks legitimate because they're really using PayPal.

On another forum, there's another such scam going around where they actually *do* use PayPal's infrastructure. Basically, they use the 'send invoice' as a tool to make you think you owe money. When you login to the real PayPal, the invoice is there and looks legitimate because they're really using PayPal.
Isn't that called scareware, same as when they send an email that they have captured feed from your webcam while playing with your self while watching tripleX videos. That from the time of opening this email you have x days to transfer over 1000 dollars in bitcoin or else they will send the feed to everyone in your address book because they have access to your email account as well.

that kinda scam is especially effective now a days because a lot of companies outsource their customer service, one of my old friends worked at one of those call centers for a company that does generic customer service for other companies and it was a total nightmare.

Thankfully, I've managed to avoid these clowns simply by not using PP or any other payment processing site, not using Windows, and not using any common email service. I encourage others to do the same.

Members online

Latest posts