PC build questions.

Hey, man. Actually, it all depends on your goals. We’ve recently moved to a new house, so I’m also thinking of creating my first setup. I mostly do video editing, so I’ve decided to start by choosing a graphic card. If you want a gaming PC, I’d recommend you start by picking a motherboard. Actually, you can find a lot of videos with advice about how to build a PC on Youtube. Btw, I’d highly recommend you buy such things according to the reviews. You can find the reviews on your PC’s details online. So, you shouldn’t hurry with the choice. Give yourself some time to compare the components. Keep us updated.

Last edited by a moderator:

So the update .
I got a Dell Optiplex i5 9020 tower .
Upgraded to 32gib ram 2TB drives .
swapped the 290w power supply to a 700w and got a Nividia Geforce 1060 SSC .
IMG_20221025_193320484.jpg
IMG_20221025_193312416.jpg

Dell computer 120
ram 130 4 slots gets exspensive
power supply 70
Gpu 180
Both TB drives 20 each
24-8 pin adapter 14.00
jusr under 500.00
Screenshot from 2022-10-27 05-07-17.png

Last edited:
Your options are practically limitless and certainly shouldn't cost you $3000 for the build. My recommendation is to use an AMD graphics card, and whether you use an AMD or intel processor CPU/motherboard build is entirely up to you. The most important question here is who you buy the parts from. I've found that both newegg.com and Micro Center [real life stores] have pretty flexible return policies when you've done everything properly and your stuff still won't work. I strongly recommend against using the Micro Center online store because it seems they have it set up in a weird and confusing way where they don't mail you things last time i checked, and i also highly recommend reading the reviews on newegg because sometimes their sellers do crappy things like make it seem like you are buying something new when it's not, and unfortunately computer hardware is a pretty sketchy/hazardous business so proceed with caution and don't expect anything to "just work" even though you will find that at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I have everything I need with this Dell. As stated in the thread above. I only micro center when they have super sales other than that I shop online.

Members online

Latest posts