PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/Applicatio

N

newtonentropy

Hey guys-

I'm a bit new to the linux world and as with any new person mistakes may happen. I was setting up a project on my localhost and had an issue with the an incorrect password for the database. In an attempt to fix the problem I used a password from the staging environment and placed in phpmyadmin at the root level. This locked me out. Obviously not the right solution.

I researched many different links on how to resolved this issue and tried some things that did not work.

1. I tried directing mysql to the right spot as suggested in a forum. this is what I used:

ln -s /tmp/mysl.sock/var/mysql //to direct mysql to the right spot (mis-typed name)
ln -s /tmp/mysql.sock/var/mysql //typed name correctly

After doing this action I got a different PDO error:

"PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/Applications/MAMP/tmp/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in lock_may_be_available() (line 167 of/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/bramptonbrick/includes/lock.inc)."

2. I tried doing this action to fix the new error:

sudo ln -s /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf

As to not create any more problems than I already have, I decided to try and get some help.

Can anyone assist me on how to get the default settings back or how to reverse the actions I made?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Members online