Policy on Homework questions?

R

red

I know some forums do not allow people to ask questions on homework, and other sites allow it as long as you clearly state it. I may have missed it, but what is the policy on homework questions for this site?

Hi Red,
My question is, how do you know that the question comes from someone's homework? I like the idea of making it so that this site can't be used for cheating... but, at the same time, I don't know how to prevent a student from asking a question that was assigned to them as part of a class.

Thanks!
Greg

That's a good question. How would you be able to tell that someone is asking a question from a homework assignment rather than just a general question?

In the end though, if you cheat on your homework and don't bother to learn the material, you're going to fail your exams anyway. :p

Just my opinion, it doesn't matter if the question is a homework assignment of the student as long as he is trying to get answers and learn from it. The student can google everything anyway, so maybe giving him some things to learn with isn't that bad. is it? :rolleyes:

I don't see how learning anything from this forum to get the information to complete a homework assignment can be considered as cheating. It's not like paying someone to do your homework. Taking part in the discussions in this forum, the way I see it, should be considered as legitimate research.

Members online

Latest posts