Gold Supporter
Credits
now THAT'S funny :D

welcome, angus

chris turner
wizardfromoz

VP9KS

Credits
Still a relatively fresh install so far. I haven't had time, yet, to find a good background. Will update later after I find a good one. :)

View attachment 5928

Also, running Linux Mint 19.3. Needs a few things fixed, such as the webcam, and fingerprint reader, but otherwise it's running very nicely on the Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 14 Laptop.
Oh, Oh another clean desktop. Look out!:p

Vrai

Credits
Debian Buster with XFCEView attachment 5930
Hah! That's funny !
I did that once - set my desktop background as a Windows BSOD - left the machine for a few hours and when I came back I had forgotten I set that wallpaper. I pranked myself! Started to go into 'panic' mode until I remembered 'oh yeah, I set that'. Then I remembered I was running my Linux box :)

h1r0p0p87

Credits
new_screenshot_desk.png

Last week, I switched to KDE DE and am loving it. Couldn't get transparent conky to stay on the desktop so I just left it out.

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
i LOVED that conky - i am a subscriber to "real men can wear pink and eat quiche"

wiz

Kuojin

Credits
Oh, Oh another clean desktop. Look out!:p
Ha, well, yeah. Still in the process of getting everything installed that I normally use. Will be tweaking things as I go.

Also, in case anyone's curious, the DE is the latest Cinnamon in Mint 19.3. I'm really liking it so far, as it's lightweight and not too resource intensive.

Additionally; I've also discovered to my pleasant surprise that the little beast of a laptop will run Rise of the Tomb Raider. So that will be fun to play around with as time passes. I haven't picked up Shadow of the Tomb Raider, so we'll see on that one, although I doubt it will run as well.

Have fun all :)

Eugor

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Credits
OK, seeing as we're starting from scratch with the new Linux.org - I figured we may as well resurrect this classic thread in the Desktop section..... Simply post a screenshot of your Desktop!

Here's my current desktop - dwm running on Debian testing, with a fairly vanilla conky config:
View attachment 4 NOTE: Normally I have the top-bar hidden - I don't like too many GUI things getting in the way and wasting valuable screen-space. I just made the top-bar visible for the screenshot, so you could see the whole thing.

As the floating heads in Rick and Morty said:
"Show me what you've got!"
That is just way too cool !

Nik-Ken-Bah

Credits
@Leonardo_B @hawkins
G'day fellows
Mind telling me what desktop you are running?
Just interested so I have an idea of what to expect with desktops and their layouts.

Members online

Latest posts