Post a screenshot of your Desktop

Stays about the same.
Screenshot from 2021-07-29.png

Distro: Raspberry Pi OS base: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
DE: MATE 1.24.1
WM: Metacity (Marco)
Theme: Sweet-Dark [GTK2/3]
Icons: BeautyLine [GTK2/3]
Wallpaper: Sweet-Space

Screenshot at 2021-07-29 10-30-22.png

here is a shot of my old Acer with Emmabuntüs

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    455.3 KB · Views: 341
OpenSUSE Tumbleweed running KDE Plasma 5.22.4 on my school-issued laptop:

Screenshot_20210804_225616 (Shareable).png

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed running KDE Plasma 5.22.4 on my school-issued laptop:
don't show your school friends ..they probably won't understand it;)

That's probably not what your school had in mind, ya know... :p :D
That is very true, I had to make my case before the head teacher to obtain the approval to do it. :D

don't show your school friends ..they probably won't understand it;)
You are correct, sadly, as far as I know I am the only Linux user in my class. :(

On the very rare occasions where I am computing in public, I like to open my terminal and run cmatrix if I see people peaking over my shoulder. I did this on an overseas flight and the person next to me ceased talking to me. It was a much better flight after that.

Hmm... I should do an article about the fun things you can do in the terminal.

You guys are going to be the death of me. I'm now starting to consider running Linux on the desktop again. lol

You guys are going to be the death of me. I'm now starting to consider running Linux on the desktop again. lol

DO IT!

Actually, if it were the real world and you a long-term buddy of mine, I'd have said, "You don't have the testicular fortitude to do it." Thus goading them into behavior they'd not necessarily have undertaken.

Also, I'd have used a different word than 'testicular fortitude', but I try to be PG13.

And there probably would have been wine or rum involved, now that I think about it.

Seriously, give it a shot. Linux on the desktop is very workable. If you haven't done so in a while, it's surprisingly easy to live in the Linux ecosystem.

My school has a room with some desktops (running Windows 7) where students can work on assignments. They are all set to the same wallpaper, and a regular user can't change it. Whenever I spin up a Linux live USB, people go "How did you change the wallpaper?!"

DO IT!

Actually, if it were the real world and you a long-term buddy of mine, I'd have said, "You don't have the testicular fortitude to do it." Thus goading them into behavior they'd not necessarily have undertaken.

Also, I'd have used a different word than 'testicular fortitude', but I try to be PG13.

And there probably would have been wine or rum involved, now that I think about it.

Seriously, give it a shot. Linux on the desktop is very workable. If you haven't done so in a while, it's surprisingly easy to live in the Linux ecosystem.
lol, if that's the case. We may become friends long term. lol. I don't keep many friends, but the ones I do. It's pretty abusive, but nobody takes offense because we all knew we would be victims in joining this crowd lol.

I goaded a buddy into wrecking his new(ish) GT350 bad enough that I'll never fully recover. It's a long story, but it ends with me smashing my femur and spending a long time recovering to the best of my ability. I was in the passenger seat. I don't drive intoxicated, but he had been. I goaded 'em well beyond their ability to control their car - sober or not.

Yeah, if you're gonna be in my inner circle, you'll appreciate (in both directions) a good ribbing and being competitive helps.

DO IT :)

Members online

Latest posts