Post a screenshot of your Desktop

Why not at least customize your desktop a little bit so that it has more of personalized look?
LMDE 4 not OOTB.
1628793502695.png

Current Wallpaper:
2021-08-13-033223_1920x1080_scrot.png

You can see my Conky uses a partially opaque BG (except for music) to ensure it always shows up, no matter the wallpaper in this one:
2021-08-13-033305_1920x1080_scrot.png

Whatsapp is not app from Flatpak (I do not use Flatpak), it's just a dedicated Chromium, lol.

Just upgraded my Mint desktop to M20.2.. so for a change...
Screenshot from 2021-08-13 12-35-35.png

Somebody should sell those stickers, made out of the same material that the old "Windows XP" and such stickers were made out of, for Linux users to put on their PCs. Maybe they should even sell a version of my avatar...

Somebody should sell those stickers, made out of the same material that the old "Windows XP" and such stickers were made out of, for Linux users to put on their PCs.
Back in the early days of Linux you could buy those stickers for the mainstream Distros although they were pricey.

I have a few assorted distro stickers for Ubuntu and Linux Mint and some that say "Powered By Linux" and "Linux Inside".

Maybe they should even sell a version of my avatar...
You can do what Linux Lite does and have them made and then sell them.

linuxlite_case_badge.png
Powered by Linux Lite Case Badge
Powered by Linux Lite Case Badge 20mm x 30mm (13/16" x 1 3/16")

The more badges you buy, the cheaper it is. Minimum purchase applies (3 Badges).

3 for $ 5.82 + shipping ($6.00)

3 x Badges $5.82 USD 4 x Badges $7.64 USD 5 x Badges $9.40 USD 6 x Badges $11.10 USD 7 x Badges $12.74 USD 8 x Badges $14.32 USD 9 x Badges $15.84 USD 10 x Badges $17.30 USD

Can't fool me with that one! Neofetch is quite configurable, isn't it?
neofetch allows you to configure it with an option.
Code:
neofetch --ascii_distro windows10

I've updated my setup a little bit. Now running Manjaro with KDE Plasma as a DE.
Are you using X11 or Wayland with KDE Plasma? I experimented on a vm with different DE's this last weekend and I couldn't get used to having a full DE again. I guess Sway and i3wm have got me hooked because my work flow feels easier because I don't have to manage my own windows, as well as easily being able to configure key-binds for my most used applications.

Are you using X11 or Wayland with KDE Plasma? I experimented on a vm with different DE's this last weekend and I couldn't get used to having a full DE again. I guess Sway and i3wm have got me hooked because my work flow feels easier because I don't have to manage my own windows, as well as easily being able to configure key-binds for my most used applications.

I am using X11, I tried with wayland but I cant get it to login, just throws me back to the login screen when I try to sign in. I haven't had much time to troubleshoot yet, so I stayed with X11.

Also, in KDE you can pretty much configure keyboard shortcuts to launch any app and with Krohnkite, you also have that window manager setup (which is what I do).

I am using X11, I tried with wayland but I cant get it to login, just throws me back to the login screen when I try to sign in. I haven't had much time to troubleshoot yet, so I stayed with X11.

Also, in KDE you can pretty much configure keyboard shortcuts to launch any app and with Krohnkite, you also have that window manager setup (which is what I do).
I just remembered you have Nvidia card and are using the proprietary drivers, I remember reading somewhere that Wayland doesn't play well with Nvidia drivers so I would think that is most likely the problem.

I just remembered you have Nvidia card and are using the proprietary drivers, I remember reading somewhere that Wayland doesn't play well with Nvidia drivers so I would think that is most likely the problem.

I thought so too, but from my experience even with the new nvidia drivers, not really working well. I would say works almost perfectly on gnome, but even with gnome, there are some weird bugs that made me go back to X11

Members online