Post a screenshot of your Desktop

Thank you. I use most of them daily. Still not decided which browsers to get rid of. The editors get a lot of use. Most everything is there because I cannot remember what I have when I need them. When you are a codger like me, you have trouble like that :D

Just a stock Dell Inspiron 15-3567. Mint 19.1 with Mate. I'm surprised you recognized Conky!

Here is what I'm using this week. For me it is like a giant step into the last century when I work with it. I remember thinking then that It'd be a good wallpaper :) screenshot.png

Very nice everyone!

This is the desktop for my personal laptop:

Bare desktop:
View attachment 431

Been working on a website so I usually have Sublime Text and a terminal window open:
View attachment 432

I like the look of Plasma desktop, but its probably the heaviest DE I've ever used. Not sure whether I'll keep it or switch. I did love xfce...

Hey,... Im new but whats on the right of your desktop in the 1st pic.? The system stats and monitor.. Am I able to get on mint 19?

PS. great looking setup I do really like it !!!

Hey,... Im new but whats on the right of your desktop in the 1st pic.? The system stats and monitor.. Am I able to get on mint 19?

PS. great looking setup I do really like it !!!

@Ctrtl@llDel , welcome to linux.org :)

You might need to clarify where that Post you referred comes from, as this Thread is 7 pages long and has been going over 2 years :)

The Post referred is from @MikeyD , at #12 page 1 - https://www.linux.org/threads/post-a-screenshot-of-your-desktop.124/post-12230

We haven't seen Mikey around for over a year, but that is not to say he may still be with us.

Briefly speaking, Mikey was making use of a "Conky" - conkys come in all shapes and sizes and content.

A quick answer for you can be found in this video on Linux Mint 19.1, your 19.2 should be the same.

Rather than derail Jas's Thread here, if you have comments or questions on Conkys, you could start a Thread here in Desktop/X , and/or else search this part of the Forum using Search top right side, for appearances of "conky".

Cheers and enjoy your Linux.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Debian_10 + KDE5
Menu Start: Diamond
Windows: Evolvere Light , Qtcurve
Icons: H2O
and Conky :)

Last edited:

Members online