Post a screenshot of your Desktop

This wallpaper is from Slacko 5.7.0 and the last one posted is from this disro --
xenpup64-7.0.8.6_1229x768.jpg

I like Puppy!

2020-07-26_22-05-40_Mx_MxLinux-PlasmaKDE-beta2-KInfocentre.jpg

MX Linux KDE (beta 2).

Just a report on my experience, with a Translate button at the top of right column, for desktop screens.

A very nicely done blog, @falvio! MX is pretty to begin with and I like your presentation, which adds attractiveness.

smxi not used post-install, I see. I find it very useful, once the temptation to overuse options is overcome.

sp331yi

Okay -- final one for Puppy Xenpup64
capture26331.png

Horsehead Nebula

@sp331yi

smxi not used post-install, I see. I find it very useful, once the temptation to overuse options is overcome.

I thought that smxi was used post-install (after install). It can hardly be used pre-install (before install)...

It is a lot wider than MX Linux

smxi is an interactive tool designed to help people maintain their systems. It supports Debian (Stable, Testing, and Sid) and true Debian based distros (such as, but not limited to, AntiX, Aptosid, Epidemic, Linux Mint Debian [LMDE], Mepis). It does not support Ubuntu based distros because there are too many differences between Debian and Ubuntu.
Source -

@sp331yi
I thought that smxi was used post-install (after install). It can hardly be used pre-install (before install)...

It is a lot wider than MX Linux
Source -
@arochester -- pardon my grammar (or lack thereof) as I figured the tacit 'was' after 'smxi' was understood by the OP. I will watch this more closely in the future. Thanks!

Yes, it is wider than just MX as it applies to all Debian and Debian-based distros [NOT Ubuntu, as it, despite claiming to be of Debian roots, is not a "true" Debian distro].

One may use or try to use smxi as the acid test as to whether or not the distro in use is truly Debian or not (please note @jglen490 -- LOL!).

SOURCE: smxi.org

Solus-4.1-MATE

1597364427644.png
Just installed this to be able to help @Nunud and his 'terribly wrong' thread! I really like it as it reminds me of when I was young and working in the woods. Of course, these trees are just babies compared to then. . .

Back when the woods in the Pacific Northwest still had some old growth. Saw a sable there once, chasing a martin through the branches. Wildlifers then told me it couln't have been -- that sables were extinct -- they were wrong, as they often are, still! A yearling doe (must have never seen a human before) came so close while eating lunch that I could have touched it with an ax handle. It was just curious. I moved my hand and it was gone in a flash.

I used to pick King Boletus mushrooms the size of a small dinner plate. Good eating with a steak and a beer! Oh, well. Those days are gone, but not forgotten.

Attachments

• 1597364428350.png
    1597364428350.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 673
Last edited:
@arochester -- pardon my grammar (or lack thereof) as I figured the tacit 'was' after 'smxi' was understood by the OP. I will watch this more closely in the future. Thanks!

Yes, it is wider than just MX as it applies to all Debian and Debian-based distros [NOT Ubuntu, as it, despite claiming to be of Debian roots, is not a "true" Debian distro].

One may use or try to use smxi as the acid test as to whether or not the distro in use is truly Debian or not (please note @jglen490 -- LOL!).

SOURCE: smxi.org
Yes.
What is smxi?

smxi is an interactive tool designed to help people maintain their systems. It supports Debian (Stable, Testing, and Sid) and true Debian based distros (such as, but not limited to, AntiX, Aptosid, Epidemic, Linux Mint Debian [LMDE], Mepis). It does not support Ubuntu based distros because there are too many differences between Debian and Ubuntu.
That has no bearing on the geneology of Ubuntu. And there is no indication at the site that smxi is intended to be an "acid test" of any kind. Only that it (smxi) is a tool written for Debian that still works in other Debian-derived distros.

"Trueness" of bloodlines by choices made is a tough to prove test for any genetics, much less that of open software. It may very well mean that Ubuntu (and its cousins) have done a better job at figuring out software management than the original ancestor; or it may just mean that, in the spirit of Linux, other choices have come into play, and selected.

Look for the Unix/BSD/Linux family trees on the 'nets. Much to be learned there, and as much confusion to be found.

2020-11-13_22_17_51.jpg

Screenshot_2020-11-14_16-56-30.png

Clever! Disagree, but nicely done ;)

MODERATOR'S NOTE - The following content has been copied and moved to a New Thread in Off Topic. Any guesses on Charlie's picture should be addressed at
https://linux.org/threads/name-that-place.32466/
Wizard

Take a guess where this is at.

Desktop-1-7-21.png

I have some others that I like as well and will post them when I change again.
OG TC
PS I love driving, always have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online