postfix mail out going issue

S

skmdmasud

Hi..
i am testing centos6.3 and have configures it as a mail server. I have installed Postfix, Dovecot, and roundcube most of the things are working ok. I can receive mails from google, yahoo and from my domain. I can only send mail to my domain. when i send mail to google or yahoo i see the log says "Connect to smtp-gmail xxxxxx -- connection refused". I tested my smtp in mxtoolbox.com and it says "SMTP Reverse DNS Mismatch". From online dns tools when i do mail.mydomain.com i get my ip 1.1.1.1 (not real) and when i do 1.1.1.1 i get mail.mydomain.com and my smtp banner provided by postfix is mail.mydomain.com (found using telnet my server).

What am i missing? my guess is DNS issue??

Reagards.

Most mail servers are going to check reverse DNS in an effort to be sure that you are running a legitimate mail server (this is to prevent spamming).

You will need DNS (along with a reverse record) setup for most mail servers to accept mail from your server.

Are you doing your own DNS? If not, whoever does DNS for you should be able to setup a reverse record with no problem.

Most mail servers are going to check reverse DNS in an effort to be sure that you are running a legitimate mail server (this is to prevent spamming).

You will need DNS (along with a reverse record) setup for most mail servers to accept mail from your server.

Are you doing your own DNS? If not, whoever does DNS for you should be able to setup a reverse record with no problem.

Hi..
after some study i found out that connection refused occurs in the very first stage when the mail server starts to setup a connection and fails. Then i checked and found out that my firewall was blocking smtp so i opened the port and the problem got resolved.
Thanks.

Members online

Latest posts