Press Ctrl+C to cancel all filesystem checks in progress

guess there may be some "write" protection on usb post burning using rufus or whatever etcher ? if you have access to gParted with linux root permission that should allow you to wipe clean the usb, format to fat32 and start again.

if i get a chance will try and see if Bodhi will boot with ventoy
actually i have used dd command to burn iso file, can i clean my usb using command line.
and which software is best for making bootable USB .

Last edited:

If you are using windows:
(Follow the screenshots. Do not forget to start the PowerShell in administrator)

If you are using Linux:
(Follow the instructions carefully)

can debian 10.5 not installed on my laptop? my laptop is HP Pavilion g series model: G4-1303AU.

Debian works well on a low-end PC since it is the oldest distro. It requires fewer resources. But, as per my knowledge installing Debian is a bit complex. If you know how to do it just go for it.
If you are on Windows use a Virtual Box to install it so that nothing crazy happens by accident.
If on Linux use a small partition to perform test installation.

If you are okay to install directly on to your HDD you can, BUT HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR IMPORTANT FILES "Just for your safety."

actually i have used dd command to burn iso file, can i clean my usb using command line.
and which software is best for making bootable USB .
you can try sometime like sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=512 count=1

you can try sometime like sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=512 count=1
raman@raman:~$ sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=512 count=1
[sudo] password for raman:
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
512 bytes copied, 6.9551e-05 s, 7.4 MB/s
raman@raman

when i opened file manager and went to delete files in usb , it shows.
"Could not change permissions for /media/raman/Debian 10.5.0 amd64 n/css/debinstall.css."

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts