Print Interface is Too Big

• Thread starter Deleted member 111282
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 111282

Screenshot from 2021-08-05 11-34-14.png

I'm using a slapstick skit I wrote years ago as an example of what I'm talking about.

As you can see, part of the interface gets cut off whenever I go to print a Writer document. I've tried scrolling down, and there's something stopping me from doing so. I tried restarting the computer (thinking it was some kind of wierd glitch I encountered), but that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

If you look at the Page Preview it says 8.50 in (Letter) along the top and 11in down the side.

That isn't A4 it's US Letter.

Try clicking on Properties below Printer to make sure that your printer knows it has and is dealing with A4 paper.

If you look at the Page Preview it says 8.50 in (Letter) along the top and 11in down the side.

That isn't A4 it's US Letter.

Try clicking on Properties below Printer to make sure that your printer knows it has and is dealing with A4 paper.

It is, but it doesn't seem to change anything

If your computer says "Print US Letter" and your printer can't find and "US Letter" paper it just won't work.

Does your print preview now give A4and A4 sizes?

If your computer says "Print US Letter" and your printer can't find and "US Letter" paper it just won't work.

Does your print preview now give A4and A4 sizes?

It found "Letter" (if that helps). Yes, 8.26 x 11.26.

Can’t you simply resize the dialog?
If you move the mouse to the very top edge of the top-bar of the dialog window, you should be able to resize the dialog.
Left click the top edge of the top-bar and drag it down a bit. Then click in the middle of the dialog’s top bar and drag the entire dialog up, to bring the bottom of the dialog into view.

Can’t you simply resize the dialog?
If you move the mouse to the very top edge of the top-bar of the dialog window, you should be able to resize the dialog.
Left click the top edge of the top-bar and drag it down a bit. Then click in the middle of the dialog’s top bar and drag the entire dialog up, to bring the bottom of the dialog into view.

I tried that just now, and I can only resize the sides instead of the top and bottom. I would show you a screen recording I made, but the forum software won't let me do that.

Normally I don't ask for terminal commands because I personally find GUIs easier to use, but is there one where it will act as a substitute for the printer GUI?

Members online

Latest posts