printer but not scanner connects to HP Desk-jet 3632

J

jedson303

I use IUbuntu 14.04. Bought a HP Desk-jet 3630. I can connect the computer with the printer, and it works. But xsane (and simple scan) does not find the scanner. Is there a way to get it to connect, or is it just incompatible?
jedson303

I sort of stumbled onto the answer. It was a matter of downloading and installing this file:
HPLIP-3.15.9

I found the file and the directions here at source sourceforge but they won't let me type in the address here.

As near as I can tell the HPLIP file I had was not up to date. (I am no tech expert.) Anyhow it works, and I am putting this here in case other people have the same problem.
jedson303

thanks for HP DeskJet 3632 diver i am having ubuntu 16.10 does this HPLIP work on 16.10 or i have to downgrade my os ?

thanks for HP DeskJet 3632 diver i am having ubuntu 16.10 does this HPLIP work on 16.10 or i have to downgrade my os ?

You probably already have HPLIP installed in Ubuntu. You can check by entering this in a terminal:

Code:
dpkg -l hplip

Hi @linuxer and welcome to linux.org :)

I hope you noticed this thread was over 2 years old (I didn't :oops:)

But getting new information that will help others with the same printer-scanner can be useful to a number, so thanks for sharing. :D

As I understand it, there are a large number of people out there in "Linux Land" devoting a lot of time to helping new and old Linux users get their (still working) equipment running with drivers, and I for one am thankful.

Enjoy your Linux, and the site ;)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online