Problem installing linux

I realize I didn't really take the time to explain my point, so here are more info :

One of my machines runs with a Ryzen 2400G, which in a way is really similar to a 2700U. The graphics part now runs flawlessly but I had to move to a bleeding edge recent version of everything.

I struggled a lot to make things work using backports and all but then I realized I had to tweak almost everything related to graphics. I decided to move to Debian sid, which an unstable release, and everything worked out of the box, since it has really up to date versions of everything.

The nomodeset is a trick to fallback to default video mode and you won't be able to use the iGPU of your system with this. So it will only be a temporary workarround which could help us getting our hands on log files and tell you what's exactly going on. But from my experience, what's going on is that your hardware is not properly supported by the version of your kernel and everything arround it.

You should also update your bios if you can still boot on Windows. I've seen some people telling that some bios for ryzen laptops are broken.
Take a look at this if you dare : https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=200087
Or should i go for debian sid ?

We can really help you, even if it involve actually fixing bugs. But it's probably going to be tough.
Our best bet at this time are the kernel options like "nomodeset" or "acpi=off".
"nomodeset" should give us access to log files, "acpi=off" might solve the problem at the cost of a lower battery autonomy.

Try the procedure that atanere gave you and report back.

We can really help you, even if it involve actually fixing bugs. But it's probably going to be tough.
Our best bet at this time are the kernel options like "nomodeset" or "acpi=off".
"nomodeset" should give us access to log files, "acpi=off" might solve the problem at the cost of a lower battery autonomy.

Try the procedure that atanere gave you and report back.
Well yesterday i tried " noapic noacpi nosplash irqpoll" and it worked . I forgto to mentioned that

Well yesterday i tried " noapic noacpi nosplash irqpoll" and it worked . I forgto to mentioned that

Good news.

Boot a first time without these options. You should end on a black screen as usual. Shutdown the machine then boot with all these options and give us the content of the file "/var/log/kern.log". You can attach it as a file.

Good news.

Boot a first time without these options. You should end on a black screen as usual. Shutdown the machine then boot with all these options and give us the content of the file "/var/log/kern.log". You can attach it as a file.

Well i boot with " noapic noacpi nosplash irqpoll "

I installed linux mint. Every time that i boot i have to enter "noapic ...... " ? I have no internet connection
And when i type in terminal /var/log/kern.log i take
Bash: /var/log/kern.log permission denied .
I enter inxi -SMn and i take the following info
Ps touchpad not working lol

Attachments

• 15741180118286225559083770768002.jpg
    15741180118286225559083770768002.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 431
And i found out that the HDD did not format and it has the files from windows . So only the SSD formatted.

If you want to format the HDD...

In Linux you can install a program called gparted. You should be able to access both disks. One will probably show as sda and the other as sdb.

This program will allow you to format a disk.

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH IT!!! It is destructive. You don't want to format the wrong disk o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I installed linux mint. Every time that i boot i have to enter "noapic ...... " ? I have no internet connection

We can permanently change the boot options, so you won't have to type it each time. But this is only a workarround.

I have no internet connection
That's another problem. Probably some other firmware problem.
We need to focus on one problem. Use an ethernet cable if possible, we will fix the network and the touchpad later.

Bash: /var/log/kern.log permission denied
You have to do it as root (use sudo for example)

You are not really used to linux and you are trying to make it work on brand new hardware. This is going to be hard for you. I don't say its impossible but maybe this is out of your reach at this time.

My best advice, because I don't want you to get mad, is that you get your hands on something that will allow you to reinstall Windows.

When you feel ready, send me the logs I asked for please.

Members online