Problem Installing Software in Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS

Sureshwar

Reaction score
Credits
I am a Newbie in Linux. I had used PCs and Laptops with Windows for >20 years.
I bought a Laptop with Ubuntu 18.04, which got upgraded to Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS.

I have a problem with installation of ‘MahaSecure’ – an authentic net-banking software downloaded from the Bank’s website.

1. I downloaded the compressed file ‘mahasecure-64bit.tar.gz’ to my ‘Desktop.
2. Extracted 2 files, MahaSecure.tar.gz and MahaSecureInstaller.sh to ‘Desktop’.
3. Opened Terminal, reached contents of ‘Desktop’ and ran Command -

sudo ./MahaSecureInstaller.sh (see screenshot ‘Mah Desktop 1’)

Mah Desktop 1.png

4. After entering Password, I got the output as shown in screenshot ‘Mah Desktop 2’.

Mah Desktop 2.png

5. The installation did not happen.

6. I also tried by downloading the compressed Installation file to a separate Folder under ‘Home’. I extracted the contents of it to the same Folder. Then I opened the Terminal, navigated to the contents of the Folder and ran Command - sudo ./MahaSecureInstaller.sh. But the result was identical as after point 4 above.

Request you to help me please!

I have a problem with installation of ‘MahaSecure’ – an authentic net-banking software downloaded from the Bank’s website.

2. Extracted 2 files, MahaSecure.tar.gz and MahaSecureInstaller.sh to ‘Desktop’.

View attachment 8264

4. After entering Password, I got the output as shown in screenshot ‘Mah Desktop 2’.

View attachment 8265

6. I also tried by downloading the compressed Installation file to a separate Folder under ‘Home’. I extracted the contents of it to the same Folder. Then I opened the Terminal, navigated to the contents of the Folder and ran Command - sudo ./MahaSecureInstaller.sh. But the result was identical as after point 4 above.

View attachment 8264

View attachment 8265

I wish i could help, but i haven't been able to install anything either. No matter what i try to install there is always a library or two missing

Maybe these will help.

Staff online

Members online