Problem starting Thunderbird and Tor-Browser (occassionally firefox esr, too)

FlxInt

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, suddenly I'm not able to open tb and tor-browser on a parrot-os anymore. I reinstalled already. When I try to create a new profile, the program wont come up, there is no error message or anything, simply nothing happens. Same with tor-browser. I'm assuming something with the java environment libraries which cannot be loaded. Can anyone help me out with this? I don't know where to start...

Tor browser recently updated to 11.0.1 - right click the "start-tor-browser.desktop" file and open it with your text editor and see where it is pointing to it maybe pointing to the wrong place.
Thunderbird uses "lock" files. Can you try removing or renaming the ~/.thunderbird folder which is a hidden folder under /home/username once deleted or renamed try and open Thunderbird again

Hi, I recently deleted everything in the .thunderbird folder, even the folder itself. After this, it should ask for a new profile, but it didn't. After the loading circle arround the mousepointer dissappear, nothing happen.

Could it be, that this is caused by uncorrect dependencies? I checked it via Synaptic, but everything seems to be fine there with packages, too. I don't know another way to check if something in background is corrupt. I just wonder why this occurs? Nothing was changed, no updates anything... -.-

Last edited:
There is an output:

nohup: Entry will be ignored and binded to 'nohup.out'
Bus-Access-Error

nohup: Eingabe wird ignoriert und Ausgabe an 'nohup.out' angehängt
Bus-Zugriffsfehler

Last edited:
There is an output:

nohup: Entry will be ignored and binded to 'nohup.out'
Bus-Access-Error

nohup: Eingabe wird ignoriert und Ausgabe an 'nohup.out' angehängt
Bus-Zugriffsfehler
Bus Access Error can be caused by a couple of things
1) faulty package(process)
2) bad or not suitable (so) shared library
3) hardware problem
I doubt it is number 3 a hardware issue more likely software 1) or 2)
In Synaptic try to remove Thunderbird and make sure you check "Mark for Complete Removal" if you installed Tor browser via Synaptic due the same thing - once that is done reinstall Thunderbird and see if it works - if it works download Tor Browser from their website do not use Synaptic to get it - https://www.torproject.org/download/ - it should be a tar.xz file - just extract the contents and you should see a folder called tor-browser - I generally drag that folder to /home/username then open it and click on start.tor.browser.desktop - by doing Tor this way it will not interfere with Mozilla

Staff online

Members online