Problem when operating the device

Tarq

Reaction score
Credits
IMG_3699.JPG

And... What exactly are we seeing here? Did you try typing "exit"? Also, we need more info to help you; PC make and model, hardware info; RAM, storage, MOBO, CPU and anything else that you think might be helpful and provide as many details as possible about how and what happened as well as the exact error or errors you get.

Getting the necessary info from you is like extracting a tooth.

Please do not expect the people here to go looking at your old topics to gather the information that is necessary.

It is your responsibility.

I think you should install Windows.

Please do not expect the people here to go looking at your old topics to gather the information that is necessary.

Code:
tarek@Inspiron-N5110:~$ inxi -Fxxxrz
System:
  Kernel: 5.4.0-64-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.3.0
  Desktop: Xfce 4.14.2 tk: Gtk 3.24.13 info: xfce4-panel wm: xfwm4
  dm: LightDM 1.30.0 Distro: Linux Mint 20 Ulyana base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal
Machine:
  Type: Portable System: Dell product: Inspiron N5110 v: N/A
  serial: <filter> Chassis: type: 8 serial: <filter>
  Mobo: Dell model: 0PPW8P v: A09 serial: <filter> BIOS: Dell v: A09
  date: 09/30/2011
CPU:
  Topology: Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-2670QM bits: 64 type: MT MCP
  arch: Sandy Bridge rev: 7 L2 cache: 6144 KiB
  flags: avx lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 35121
  Speed: 798 MHz min/max: 800/3100 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 798 2: 798
  3: 798 4: 798 5: 798 6: 798 7: 798 8: 798
Graphics:
  Device-1: Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics
  vendor: Dell driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 chip ID: 8086:0116
  Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.9 driver: modesetting unloaded: fbdev,vesa
  resolution: 1366x768~60Hz
  OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 3000 (SNB GT2)
  v: 3.3 Mesa 20.2.6 compat-v: 3.0 direct render: Yes
Audio:
  Device-1: Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Family High Definition Audio
  vendor: Dell driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 00:1b.0
  chip ID: 8086:1c20
  Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.4.0-64-generic
Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet vendor: Dell
  driver: r8169 v: kernel port: e000 bus ID: 05:00.0 chip ID: 10ec:8136
  IF: enp5s0 state: down mac: <filter>
  Device-2: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Dell
  driver: ath9k v: kernel port: e000 bus ID: 09:00.0 chip ID: 168c:002b
  IF: wlp9s0 state: up mac: <filter>
  Device-3: Qualcomm Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth type: USB driver: btusb
  bus ID: 1-1.4:57 chip ID: 0cf3:3005
Drives:
  Local Storage: total: 698.64 GiB used: 21.01 GiB (3.0%)
  ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Hitachi model: HTS547575A9E384 size: 698.64 GiB
  speed: 3.0 Gb/s rotation: 5400 rpm serial: <filter> rev: A50A scheme: MBR
Partition:
  ID-1: / size: 337.57 GiB used: 21.01 GiB (6.2%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda5
Sensors:
  System Temperatures: cpu: 54.0 C mobo: N/A
  Fan Speeds (RPM): cpu: 0
Repos:
  No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list
  Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list
  1: deb [arch=amd64] http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main
  Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list
  1: deb http://packages.linuxmint.com ulyana main upstream import backport
  2: deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal main restricted universe multiverse
  3: deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates main restricted universe multiverse
  4: deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-backports main restricted universe multiverse
  5: deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ focal-security main restricted universe multiverse
  6: deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ focal partner
Info:
  Processes: 315 Uptime: 7d 9h 08m Memory: 7.68 GiB used: 6.61 GiB (86.1%)
  Init: systemd v: 245 runlevel: 5 Compilers: gcc: 9.3.0 alt: 9 Shell: bash
  v: 5.0.17 running in: xfce4-terminal inxi: 3.0.38
tarek@Inspiron-N5110:~$

Do you think I'm a technical expert to address me like this? If you don't want help, go away

Tarik, we certainly don't mean to humiliate you.

We do require the specs of your operating system each time you open a new topic.

This saves us from having to go and find your old topics so that we can see the specs there.

We should not have to do this ! You know the specs of your system better than anyone.

So far you have opened approximately 15 topics.

It is not good that you expect the people here to get this information for you.....It is much better that you would supply this info each time you post a fresh topic.

Why are you saying that I love Linux, you can say I don't want to help you
You've posted enough topics to know that we need details of your problem and your hardware and what you did to get to the problem etc. Still you think we are mind readers, I'm tired of you thinking that we can read your mind and it seems like we are just your personal IT support hotline while you don't seem to be learning anything yourself. Start providing some details and share what you have already done yourself to try to fix it if you want some real help.

Last edited:
You've posted enough topics to know that we need details of your problem and your hardware and what you did to get to the problem etc. Still you think we are mind readers, I'm tired of you thinking that we can read your mind and it seems like we are just your personal IT support hotline while you don't seem to be learning anything yourself. Start providing some details and share what you have already done yourself to try to fix it if you want some real help.
You are only talking about what you do not see
I'm trying to apply the lesson
I am not spoiled
I work hard

You are only talking about what you do not see
I'm trying to apply the lesson
I am not spoiled
I work hard
And this did not work

https://ostechnix.com/how-to-fix-busybox-initramfs-error-on-ubuntu/

We do require the specs of your operating system each time you open a new topic.

This saves us from having to go and find your old topics so that we can see the specs there.

We should not have to do this ! You know the specs of your system better than anyone.

It is not good that you expect the people here to get this information for you.....It is much better that you would supply this info each time you post a fresh topic.
How can I give you the spec is disabled so I have to go back to my posts and quote
I quoted the response from my posts
Check out the specifications above

The problem was solved by accident after the attached lessons were applied.
Problem solved
1613137502023.png

I posed 15 problems because I had 15 problems.
I'm trying to solve, and I'm not asking the subject until after the difficulties.

Give me free Microsoft and install it. I'm poor. I can't pay for Windows.
I'm poor, I can barely afford my day, and my livelihood depends on the Internet.
I said that because with each topic you posted you give zero context and information or post a picture and expect people to mind read your question or problem. When I need Windows for a virtual machine I always buy a license here, cheapest place on the web, you then get redirected to actual place that sells them.

Last edited:
I posed 15 problems because I had 15 problems.
I'm trying to solve, and I'm not asking the subject until after the difficulties.
Learn from this topic and post as much information as you can in your next topic when you run into a problem, paint the whole picture of the problem and situation. To give you an idea, in your first post of this topic you posted a screenshot: Did you turn on your machine and you got to that screen, was it after a system update, or after you did something and rebooted, did you change something on the system or did you do something with gparted with partitions, also posted the things you tried to fix it, etc. If you have problems with getting your wireless card working or some other hardware to work post the specs. For hardware the following commands are useful to share:
Code:
inxi -Fxz
lshw
lspci -nn
The first two you may have to install on your system first, you can do that like this.
Code:
sudo apt install inxi
sudo apt install lshw

Last edited:
Give me free Microsoft and install it. I'm poor. I can't pay for Windows.
I'm poor, I can barely afford my day, and my livelihood depends on the Internet.
Greetings @Tarik
I am trying to figure out just exactly what you are looking for on this forum.
You say you are poor and your livelihood depends on the internet. Still, you come on as being very arrogant and demanding from people who are willing to help those who help themselves.
I have some advice for you - grow up and become an adult and quit acting like a spoiled brat with your "Woe is me" attitude.
Your friend,
Old Geezer TC

Members online

Latest posts