Problem with booting on Battery.

Yarremon

Credits
Hello, i am totally new in Linux world. I have a new laptop Asus Vivobook 15. I installed Linux Mint on it. Everything works fine, i really like it. I have done some Steps after installing Linux Mint.

But i have a problem with booting/starting system. When laptop is on AC everything works. When i tried to start on Battery i can see only black screen after Mint logo. Can someone help me?

Maybe is it a problem with GRUB?

Please forgive me my English, and please tell me about errors (?) in my text.

Thanks you very much.

Tolkem

Credits
Hello, i am totally new in Linux world. I have a new laptop Asus Vivobook 15. I installed Linux Mint on it. Everything works fine, i really like it. I have done some Steps after installing Linux Mint.

But i have a problem with booting/starting system. When laptop is on AC everything works. When i tried to start on Battery i can see only black screen after Mint logo. Can someone help me?

Maybe is it a problem with GRUB?

Please forgive me my English, and please tell me about errors (?) in my text.

Thanks you very much.
Hi @Yarremon and welcome to the forum :) Fisrt, are you sure the battery is fully charged? Powering up consumes a lot of energy and if it is at 50% or less might stop the system from starting. My advice, unless you have already done that, is to make sure that the battery is 100% charged and then try again, if the problem persists then something else might be happening in which case there are a number of ways to troubleshoot and try to find the root cause.

Peer

Credits
There are maybe some powersaving services build in Linux mint. It would be nice to see the console output while boot up.
To achieve this you may go into your grub (hold down Esc while booting), and edit the Linux mint entry (press e) and erase the "quiet" kernel parameter. Then ctrl +x and you'll get many bootup massages on screen, this may be a way to find out, why it doesn't boot up properly.

Yarremon

Credits
Hello again, now i have this laptop again. So in GRUB:

IMG_20200425_084434.jpg

When i erase QUIET then i can read nothing. System just starting. This problem is like event (happens sometimes). Sometimes starting normally, sometimes just black screen. I think maybe linux doesn't operate something in hardware?

IMG_20200425_085452.jpg

Safeguard the battery in Asus?

Members online

Latest posts