Problem with Debian start.

Gripen

Reaction score
Credits
Hello

I have an issue with Debian Linux. After install Debian without any problem, the system freezes when I want to start it for the first time. When I select Debian in the Grub menu, the system runs a series of checks and finally it freezes showing the message "fsckd-cancel-msg: Press Ctrl+C to cancel all filesystems checks in progress". If I press those keys the system doesn’t respond. If I press other key or combination of keys, the system doesn’t respond either. The only thing I can do is to press the power off key in order to start the power off process. Any other action is in vain.

You will find a screen photo at the end of this post.

My laptop is ASUS Vivobook S512 (I7 8Gb of RAM and NVIDIA Mx250). In the HD I have other partitions with Windows and Ubuntu that work without any problem.

IMG_20210417_175919406_HDR.jpg

It appears that you have a disk issue.

Have you waited to see if those checks finish? If so, how long did you wait?

I'd also consider booting to live media and running fsck from there.

i believe you can use : tune2fs

along the lines of : tune2fs -c 0 /dev/sdax

if its installed see

Code:
man tune2fs 
AME
       tune2fs  -  adjust  tunable  filesystem  parameters  on  ext2/ext3/ext4
       filesystems...et cetera

Are you sure its not running because there is something considered an issue ; i see a mention of ppp resolv.conf being mentioned.

fsck is of course one of the utilities usually run manually to check and fix file systems .

It appears that you have a disk issue.

Have you waited to see if those checks finish? If so, how long did you wait?

I'd also consider booting to live media and running fsck from there.
you beat me to it !

Hello

First of all, thanks for the answers!

The system freezes at that screen. I waited 1 hour and it stayed without any chage. I will try booting to live media and running fsck from there.

Members online