problem with double monitors

E

efka

Hi;

I have a problem with syncing my LG LCD television through HDMI with computer. I'm running Fedora 20. My television once have signal but otherwise have not. When I connect HDMI everything's okay for a while then my television shows no signal and after that the tv shows a screen of my computer and that's my television doing again and again. Any ideas?

Try switching off the screensaver and see if it still says "no signal".

Dual head issues are terrible.

Are you using open source video drivers? They're generally better at managing multiple monitors.

Are you able to open display options after you plug in hdmi?

When I first connect HDMI, fedora ask me to install updates, I agree, and then updates were installed with three restarts, I think it's maybe problem with these update but I don't know how to uninstall it. and yes I am able to open display options, everything is going right but television once has signal and once not. And I don't know if I had drivers, I'm quite new in using fedora...

Would you mind experimenting with another distribution?

I'm also running ubuntu on my laptop but I need to solve my HDMI connection, I want to continue running fedora to learn for work in other OSs

When I first connect HDMI, fedora ask me to install updates, I agree, and then updates were installed with three restarts, I think it's maybe problem with these update but I don't know how to uninstall it. and yes I am able to open display options, everything is going right but television once has signal and once not. And I don't know if I had drivers, I'm quite new in using fedora...

To find out which packages you have just installed, check the /var/log/yum.log file for yum's log.

To uninstall them, use `yum erase package-name-here`.

Double monitors work well for me since Fedora 17. My graphics card has 2 slots and it is just easy to plug these 2 monitors to them. Sorry, no HDMI. Use open source drivers not those from ATI/Nvidia which had problem with dual monitors. I always use open source drivers now.

Members online