Problem with my audio hardware?

james80

Reaction score
Credits
Hi,

since many months I have a problem with my audio, not about sound but I think it is about hardware? In the middle of my screen I have that band flashing all the time, I tried fedora, arch linux, ubuntu and after some times that band appears and stay there, on the printscreen you can see it but it is flashing.
idea?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230403_154440.png
    Screenshot_20230403_154440.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 179

silly question but if you enable the speaker does it go away [it looks like it's warning you the speakers are off or not functioning ]
can you run from a terminal inxi -A and paste back the results?

silly question but if you enable the speaker does it go away [it looks like it's warning you the speakers are off or not functioning ]
can you run from a terminal inxi -A and paste back the results?
nope, mute or not it is the same.

Code:
Audio:
  Device-1: NVIDIA GF108 High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
  Device-2: AMD Family 17h HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
  Sound API: ALSA v: k6.1.0-kali7-amd64 running: yes
  Sound Server-1: PulseAudio v: 16.1 running: yes

Disable it, perhaps? I've done some reading in the past 10 minutes (not a lot), but look here:

It's got a line across it in your image, so it's not being used.

Something else I read was 'auto-mute' being enabled in Alsa-mixer. I'm not 100% sure how to disable that as I've never seen it before. But, that might be another route. The line through it could mean that it's muted, I suppose.

Um.....I could be wrong here, but why are the Nvidia card and the AMD audio chip both being "fed" by the Intel sound driver? Doesn't make a whole heap of sense to me, y'know? o_O

Did anybody else notice that?

@KGIII :-

If you open a terminal and type

Code:
alsamixer

....and hit 'Enter', that's the easiest way to bring it up. It's an ncurses GUI frontend for the mixer. Then just use the keyboard left/right keys to navigate, up/down keys to adjust and 'Enter' to set. It's in real-time, so as you make the alterations it's applying them instantly.

Mike. ;)

Last edited:
Did anybody else notice that?

I do believe I noticed the hodgepodge of devices which was why I was more comfortable suggesting deletion.

I think? I dunno... That was a week ago. Only because I'm a creature of habit can I even tell you where I was a week ago - and then only part of the day.

Members online

Latest posts