Problem with MySQL after power outage...

CraigAJohnson

Reaction score
Credits
I got my server (Dell PowerEdge R730) loaded with the latest version of Kubuntu and MySQL 8 something and spent 2 days restoring my DB of 36 million stock market trades. Everything was working and while replacing a power outlet with the breaker off, the battery backup didn't last more than 15 minutes and the server crashed with MySQL service still running.

The server booted up just fine, but won't start the MySQL service, I'm assuming I need to delete some files and do a non-destructive re-install of MySQL but not sure what files to blast.
Anyone got a list? I found a non-destructive command to reinstall MySQL but it says everything is up to date.

I've not had a problem like this before and I want to start my weekly stock download process tomorrow. Would be nice to get this sorted out tonight.
Thanks

You're looking at some downtime anyhow, so fsck would be my first step - before trying anything major.

You can do a delete (sudo apt remove ___) and reinstall - just don't purge - and keep your current config files, users, and passwords (I'm pretty sure).

There's no backup to restore from? That's rough. I'd definitely try fsck first.

Also, this seems a bit more involved than "getting started". I've moved it to the Database sub-forum.

Members online

Latest posts