Problem with Video Drivers in Cinnamon 17

D

dunc17

Hi All

I have a new installation of Cinnamon 17 and have difficulties with the video output. I have the driver window offer the radio buttons for a recommended driver and two others in addition to a fourth buttion which states "Continue using a manually installed driver." The fourth button is selected and I cannot change to the recommended driver button. I can assume using hte recommended driver will work best. How can I change the radio buttion?

Thanks
Screenshot.png

It looks like xserver-video-ati is already in use since there are no proprietary drivers installed. The xserver-video-ati package is the opensource drivers that are designed by the Linux kernel developers while fglrx and fglrx-updates are designed by AMD directly.

That sounds good, but how come I cannot change the radio button to reflect the actual driver in use?

That sounds good, but how come I cannot change the radio button to reflect the actual driver in use?
I am not sure. It could be a package conflict somewhere or a permission problem.

You can also install the packages manually with apt-get if you feel adventurous. :) Or with a program like Synaptic.

Members online