open-alpha

Reaction score
Credits
Hello
I have problem with Wi-fi connection.

My system is:
Fedora release 34 (Thirty Four)
ThinkPad x230

In situation when i want connect to wifi, signal is so low and after few minutes asking again for password. What i understand there is problem with name resolving.
On my bussines laptop T460 with RedHat Workstation 8.4 I do not have this problem but what i checked /etc/resolv.conf is manager only by network manager in RHEL but in fedora there is another daemons. Could you told me which service I need to mask to achive same result like in redhat?!
Regards

I believe Fedora uses NetworkManager too. Well, unless you disabled or switch it to something else.

Not sure why resolving names would have anything to do with a low signal strength though. That sounds like two different issues.

Googling Linux and x230 returns many results with people having wifi issues with that laptop. I can't help much as I haven't configured wifi on Linux in close to seven years.

can you tell us which wi-fi card is installed?

Please post the output of inxi -Nn .

On some laptops the cards used a dual antenna connection and you can improve signal strength by switching to the 2nd antenna. But not sure your model is one of those.
Need more info.

Members online