open-alpha

Reaction score
Credits
Hello
I have problem with Wi-fi connection.

My system is:
Fedora release 34 (Thirty Four)
ThinkPad x230

In situation when i want connect to wifi, signal is so low and after few minutes asking again for password. What i understand there is problem with name resolving.
On my bussines laptop T460 with RedHat Workstation 8.4 I do not have this problem but what i checked /etc/resolv.conf is manager only by network manager in RHEL but in fedora there is another daemons. Could you told me which service I need to mask to achive same result like in redhat?!
Regards

I believe Fedora uses NetworkManager too. Well, unless you disabled or switch it to something else.

Not sure why resolving names would have anything to do with a low signal strength though. That sounds like two different issues.

Googling Linux and x230 returns many results with people having wifi issues with that laptop. I can't help much as I haven't configured wifi on Linux in close to seven years.

can you tell us which wi-fi card is installed?

Please post the output of inxi -Nn .

On some laptops the cards used a dual antenna connection and you can improve signal strength by switching to the 2nd antenna. But not sure your model is one of those.
Need more info.

Members online

No members online now.