Problems with closing down Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

Jalouis

Credits
Hello
Earlier on, when I closed down my PC, it would occasionally do all the right things, screen went black and all seemed OK, but after a while the Mint logo appeared on the screen and the computer was actually running. And it kept on running for hours with the logo on the screen until I stopped the computer forcefully by keeping my finger on the power button. Now this happens practically every time. This cannot be very healthy for the computer, could this be a sign of something more serious awaiting around the corner?

captain-sensible

Credits
you powered down as normal user. First try this; when you want to shut down PC open a terminal and either:

su ->password
# shutdown now -h

or

sudo shutdown now -h

kay-dee

Credits
Open bios, F1 at boot, or hold down the Shift Key at the Splash Screen. Under Config>Power> Power On with AC Attach (should be Disabled). Check it first of all, and if it enabled, disable with the -/+ key. If it is disabled - try to set it to enabled, then save settings, then restart laptop, go to bios again, set it to disabled again and save settings again (sometimes what you see is not what you get).

Members online