Problems with screen controller

rvergel

Reaction score
Credits
Hello.

I installed linux mint with a lot of problems.

When I wanted to start for the first time, linux mint stay at a blackscreen after the login. I solved this installing property controllers for my graphic card. But later, I saw that if I select my integrated graphic card I can use the laptop screen, and if I select the dedicated (nvidia 1050) I can use only and external screen using HDMI port.

I know that the HDMI port is connected to the nvidia graphic card, but I need to use both screens, and I don't know how to solve this.

I can use the two screens in windows, but is not the same in linux.

At this time I'm using the laptop screen because I selected the intel graphic card in Nvidia panel.

Actually I am using linux mint 19.2 xfce. However I had the same problem with linux mint 19.2 MATE.

Last edited:

G'day @rvergel and welcome to linux.org :D

I am moving this Thread to Audio/Video because it is more related to your graphics issues than the Linux Distribution .

However you could tell us which Linux Mint you are using, eg Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon, 19.2 MATE or other.

Good luck

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Last edited:
OP edited to add "Actually I am using linux mint 19.2 xfce"

Sorry but that didn't solve my problem.

As you can see in the image attached, I'm using the nvidia graphic card. With this settings I can't use my laptop screen.

If I change to Intel graphic card I can only use the laptop screen.

Attachments

• aaaa.png
    aaaa.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 552

Members online

Latest posts