problems with Ubuntu

Kvake

Reaction score
Credits
Today I installed Ubuntu for the first time, before this Windows user, after installation, the desktop does not load, but this window appears, what should I do?

IMG_20220730_162420.jpg

Welcome to the forums,
did you deactivate windows quick-start ?
did it run in live mode alright ? before you hit install.
did you download the correct version for your processor?
did you check the Sha sum before trying to make the installation,
you could try looking for both VMX [Virtual Machine Extensions] and SGX [intel safe guard] in your BIOS and enabling them,
you don't say what your kit is, it wouldn't be a Dell by any chance!

Welcome to the forums,
did you deactivate windows quick-start ?
did it run in live mode alright ? before you hit install.
did you download the correct version for your processor?
did you check the Sha sum before trying to make the installation,
you could try looking for both VMX [Virtual Machine Extensions] and SGX [intel safe guard] in your BIOS and enabling them,
you don't say what your kit is, it wouldn't be a Dell by any chance!
To be honest, I don’t know, I had Windows, I just downloaded Ubuntu to a USB flash drive and booted from it, then I formatted the C drive and put Ubuntu there. before that, Windows worked fine, there were no modes, it just worked in normal mode.

read this it will give you a guide,
How Do I Install Linux (A General Guide) • Linux Tips
there is a known problem with latest Ubuntu and some Dell laptops that I know, it may also affect other makes,
alternatively, try a different distribution [not Ubuntu based] say Mint LMDE, or MX-64 to see if you get the same problem

Sounds like you downloaded the .iso to a usb drive without burning it. I may be wrong. But if you did that it will not work.
You need to burn the .iso to the usb then do the install not just copy it to the hard drive. But give us some more info.
What is your machine? ram. etc?

Staff online

Members online