Problems with Virtual Memory Space

OmikronOverload

Reaction score
Credits
Hey Everyone,
I´am currently Hosting some extensive Minecraft Servers with about 50 Plugins each Server.
Problem beeing is, that the virtual Memory usage is about 13 - 20Gb for one instance of a Server, meaning i can only launch 3 in total.
The Provider said that a Swap partition is not possible.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native threadjava.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method) at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:717) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.addWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:957) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1367) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$DelegatedExecutorService.execute(Executors.java:668) at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R2.scheduler.CraftAsyncScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftAsyncScheduler.java:73) at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_16_R2.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:450) at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R2.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:948) at net.minecraft.server.v1_16_R2.MinecraftServer.lambda$a$0(MinecraftServer.java:177) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

System Specs of my VM
16 cores - 2,4 ghz
60 Gb ram
1,5 Tb SSD

I apreciate any advice on how to solve this

Attachments

• Hilpfe.PNG
    Hilpfe.PNG
    319 KB · Views: 345

I am going through posts with no answer. I have a few minutes.

A swap partition is almost certainly an option - but it's not likely to help. Swap isn't actually 'where stuff gets put when hardware memory runs out', it's much more complicated.

The first question I'd ask is, "So, how much RAM were you expecting each instance to run - and why were you expecting it to run in that much RAM?"

For all we know, that's the appropriate amount of RAM.

Also important, unused RAM is wasted RAM. (With some caveats, of course. You need some free for paging and whatnot, but the kernel is pretty good about managing resources.)

Thanks for your reply KGIII,

Random Access Memory is not Virtual Memory, thats not what i was asking for.
I was asking for a Solution on how to lower or decrease the factor for the use of its Virtual Memory.

A swap partition would be a fix for the problem, but as i mentioned its not an option, unfortunately.

RAM usage i expect for each instance is about double the amount of its real usage without anyone online on the server, which is different for each instance. I took some time and did the math for about 30 Players each instance 100mb x 30 players = 3000mb. It also differs because of world generation ingame, plugins, etc.

Also just limiting the Virtual Memory usage isnt an option either, then the instance wont run.

Members online

Latest posts