Progress Update And Battery Confusion

fx9

Reaction score
Credits
Hey folks,

Sooo, I've been muckin about getting familiar with things. I installed Librewolf and all the apps I need to replace everything I use on both my Chromebook and PC's. Really liking it, but I'm not using it full time yet due to battery life.

When I first got the Dell (7472) with Windows 10, I installed Mint right away. It was at 85% battery, but I didn't check how long that lasted. When I installed Mint the laptop died in 30 minutes. The replacement battery is acting berserk. I charged it right up and got about an hour of life, but it said 4 hours remaining on initial charge. Fully charged again, said 7+ hours remaining. Hardly any use it currently says 2 hours 50, but fluctuates like crazy. 33 minutes remaining, back to an hour and a half, and up to 2 hours 34 again. It says 34%, but has been closed since charging.

Once I get the battery life sorted I am going to do a fresh install. Well, I think I need to, at least. I need to set up my hard drives so the SSD (130gb) is running the OS and the HDD (1TB) is storing files. Can you recommend what is best for partitions on the drives? I think I'm finding the wrong info on how to set it up, it seems over complicated. I am sure it's a common question, and I don't expect you guys to spell it all out for me. I'd appreciate a link to a thread if you know of any.

As always, thank you, Gents.

Battery Life....Laptop

Click on Installation over on the left hand side....then follow the prompts.
I don't use a laptop, but I see most of the people here who do have one recommending it.

or....it is also included in the Software Manager in Linux Mint.
The download from the website may be more up to date.

Battery Life....Laptop

Click on Installation over on the left hand side....then follow the prompts.
I don't use a laptop, but I see most of the people here who do have one recommending it.

or....it is also included in the Software Manager in Linux Mint.
The download from the website may be more up to date.

Thank you, sir. Not sure if it is driver issue, but seems more than optimization issues. As I said it will jump all over the place, from 7 hours remaining to 33 minutes and no matter the percentage it only lasts an hour. both batteries act the same

Members online