Ps3/Linux Red Ribbon wifi problems

BackwoodsDee9

Reaction score
Credits
PS3 FAT Model:CechA01
Custom firmware 4.82 Rebug-Cobra
System runs smooth as a whistle.

However, red ribbon tends to lag/freeze after boot sometimes. Hdd is fine with no errors...
Also, I can't connect to wifi. Would prefer not to use wired connection.
Someone please help me!

G'day @BackwoodsDee9 and welcome to linux.org :)

I am not sure whether you will get the help you need here, not sure if there are enough PS3 Gamers (but hang in and see if you get a response).

I have found this

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/tutorial-installing-red-ribbon-linux-on-rebug-4-81-2-d-rex.16419/

and don't know if that helps, you may have to contact their official site and support group.

I also note that the link above has my Firefox indicating some security concerns.

Good luck

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

G'day @BackwoodsDee9 and welcome to linux.org :)

I am not sure whether you will get the help you need here, not sure if there are enough PS3 Gamers (but hang in and see if you get a response).

I have found this

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/tutorial-installing-red-ribbon-linux-on-rebug-4-81-2-d-rex.16419/

and don't know if that helps, you may have to contact their official site and support group.

I also note that the link above has my Firefox indicating some security concerns.

Good luck

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Thanks, I had a look at it. I am trying to find out if I can install linux mint to the ps3. It's running petitboot/busy box. Doesn't seem to recognize mint when installed through usb or disc. Hmm...maybe only a few distros were designed to work on the system?

Hmm...maybe only a few distros were designed to work on the system?

That is possible.

I regret I do not know more about the subject matter, but someone else may come along.

If you find an answer offsite, perhaps you can share it with us so that we can grow our Wiki?

Good luck

Wizard

Members online

Latest posts