pureos/q4wine..... still not working, question closed

Brickwizard

Reaction score
Credits
Hi guys and girls
been using Linux since mint 3 and as a main sysyem since mint 9 and have tried many distro's, since mint 18 I have not been able to run wine and now my old lappy with 97 back up has died, so trying to find a new OS for my 8 yr old dell, found pureos and like it, BUT I am a user not a programmer, whilst trying to set up q4w i get to page 4 of the set up and get this [screenshot] havent a clue what it means or what to do/enter any ideas please.
Screenshot from 2021-04-28 19-05-40.png

Last edited:

Pureos is on a relatively small list at : https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

Not using Propriety software usually in the context of Wifi - so that prompts a question you would like to use a "free" os as Richard Stallman might describe it or just came across it. There's a few light distro out there . What are you trying to install ? is it something to do with Wine or ..i'm guessing console might be to do with standard output

up to mint 18 i used wine for a few of my old 87/nt./xp progs I use from time to time then mint changed some of its prog and it then became non-compatible with wine, fair enough I could still run the old stuff on an ancient w98 lappy, but that died a few months back, this is my old dell 1540 that I use for traveling,it had mint 20 [same as my desktop] but apart from the wine problem it has become so bloated it runs slow after trying around 20 latest 64 bit OS's this was the nicest/fastest I found that Worked 100% on this machine without having to mess around.

Ok we are a a mixed bunch on different time zones ; i'm sure those dabbling with Wine will reply - i never really got into Wine; last time i tried it was to do with updating a car GPS navigation device in the end i gave up with wine on Linux and just used my wifes laptop using Windows !

not a problem, ""GPS navigation device"" I use to drive up to 2500 miles a week on business never needed one,When I had a car with one I disabled it. I could for example do Bristol to Bedford in 65 miles less and 55 mins faster

Hi guys and girls
been using Linux since mint 3 and as a main sysyem since mint 9 and have tried many distro's, since mint 18 I have not been able to run wine and now my old lappy with 97 back up has died, so trying to find a new OS for my 8 yr old dell, found pureos and like it, BUT I am a user not a programmer, whilst trying to set up q4w i get to page 4 of the set up and get this [screenshot] havent a clue what it means or what to do/enter any ideas please.View attachment 9200
Looking at the screenshot
under Binary that should be the location of your terminal located in "/usr/bin/select your terminal" you need to select the executable for your terminal here

under Arguments should be "--noclose -e"

under wrestool should be "/usr/bin/wrestool"

under icotool should be "/usr/bin/icotool"

I put quotation marks around what need to be in the blocks you have to manually select the /usr/bin files and type in the Arguments block

Hope this helps

after a lot of messing about I decided to give up on Pureos, now trialing MX Linux not as smart as pure but so far everything seems to work, just a small learning curve trying to find where and what everything is
thanks to all

Members online