Q-TEL

Stan,
It is a client program for Echo-link. It does not allow connection to your radio, but does allow you to log into any repeater which has an Echo-link node installed. Cool, eh wot?:p I have an echo-link repeater within range, so I tried it. I will need to do some tweaking, because although I heard the repeater log me in on the radio, I heard nothing from my computer speakers. Something to play with in my spare time.

Happy Trails
Paul

Ah, okay Paul. Thanks for the info. I got a little nervous when I googled it and a bunch of stuff came up concerning 3-letter agencies! (That was hitting on In-Q-Tel, but I was pretty sure that wasn't it.)

I have an Echo-link node near me too, but I don't think they actually turn it on much anymore. The system also runs Fusion digital, and that seems to be where everyone's interest is. I don't have any digital gear myself though, and what gear I do have is also not turned on much anymore. I very rarely get on the air... its been that way for a long time now.

I am now resigned to putting the "old" back into "old timer" !!! :eek::eek::D:D

Cheers

Yeah, I think I know what you mean. It is in the synaptic package manager for Mint Cinnamon, but I could not find it anywhere for Slackware. I thought that I would find the source code, and package it up, but ran into the same problems that you did with a Google search. Try svxlink. It mentions Q-TEL there but I was unable to find what I needed to make a package for Slack. Of course, it didn't help that the bloody phone rang off the hook every five minutes with some stupid telemarketer while I was searching. Oh, well, back to the drawing board.:D:p

Happy Trails
Paul

Yeah, I think I know what you mean. It is in the synaptic package manager for Mint Cinnamon, but I could not find it anywhere for Slackware. I thought that I would find the source code, and package it up, but ran into the same problems that you did with a Google search. Try svxlink. It mentions Q-TEL there but I was unable to find what I needed to make a package for Slack. Of course, it didn't help that the bloody phone rang off the hook every five minutes with some stupid telemarketer while I was searching. Oh, well, back to the drawing board.:D:p

Happy Trails
Paul
Update,
The slackware builders page now has svxlink listed. I will attempt to get it up and running when I get the chance. It is now on my bucket list!

Happy Trails
Paul

Members online