QIP Search

In Firefox,when you write a question in Google search, immediately you are redirected on a other searcher:QIP search! I can't find if it's a module in the preferences of Firefox

Which distro of Linux are you using?

If you search
qip search
it shows a qip.ru a redirector which seems to mostly affect Windows computers. Cleanup seems to lead to a whole lot of dodgy sites.

Do you have wine installed?

I would initially purge (completely remove) Firefox and install again.

Or run ClamAV...

Or try using another browser e.g. Chromium

Non, wine is not installed. No virus in ClamAV.
In chrome, no probleme, google search remain google search
I shall purge Firefox
Thanks for your help

You most likely don't need to do much to "purge" your Firefox. WHen you install it and use it, it creates a hidden directory in your home folder, .mozilla. Just rename that directory to something like .mozilla_old. That way, if this doesn't resolve anything you can get your favorites and stuff back by renaming it back to the original. If it does fix it, delete the old one.

BTW, if all you do is uninstall Firefox and then reinstall Firefox, you will likely have the same issues as these are often profile related. The only way to remove the profile is like I explained above.

Not related, but if you've read some of my other posts, you'll know I don't like/trust Google. Instead of using Google to do your searches, check out www.duckduckgo.com. They don't track you or keep records of you and your searches.

Last edited:
Well, well! It's wonderful. With your method, qip search is faded away!
Thank you very much Rob! Glad to meet you!

Members online