Question for builders

lomszz

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, i got a question for builders or actually to one's who has AIO liquid water cooler. Thinking to buy one for my processor and wondering will there be any problems using it on Linux :D.

I know some RBG lights can be problem and i can't control them but i don't really care of controlling those. Could there be more problems, no switching back to windows just to have water cooler working 100%

You can have separate RGB headers, rigged to a central mechanism, which you can then operate by remote control, and Linux will be none the wiser about your RGB setup.

Depending on what you actually bought, some AIO's have conjoined power supplies and have both the fan and the pump running off a single cpu fan header. If that is the case, you can configure the curve simply in your CMOS menu or just keep it at default and let it run automatically for you.

I've also seen some older models have only the pump on the CPU fan header while the fan signal array was conjoined to the signal cable on the CPU fan plug, while power to the fans needed to be supplied by separate means.

The best advice I can give you is to do some research on how it all fits together, or maybe if you're feeling confident, just yolo buy an AIO and figure out the connections later.

Worst case scenario - if you have everything plugged in properly, CMOS will read your pump as a CPU fan, and you will have to find out which radiator fans belong to which connector so you can rig their curve to the CPU temperature.

Its actually easy, just complicated...

The computer I'm typing this on, has a water cooled CPU. Linux or Windows doesn't know the difference.
I also have a RGB LED light module. Again, it isn't dependent on the OS at all.

Thanks, good to know and sorry for late answering been busy. :)

Members online

Latest posts